Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
I wonder what the pace of development will be. A complex control can take a long time to develop. UCCNC for example, has been steadily adding features for over 3 years now.
We all know how long Mach4 has been in development.
Fwiw, S curve is on the to do list for UCCNC, but I don't expect it anytime too..
I still use Tempest occasionally on my old router. Much smoother, and more accurate for 3D work than the default Mach3 planner.
S-Curve is really good for powerful, fast machines.

Lot's of good control options available these days, and still everyone keeps using Mach3.
Familiarity and huge user base is all that's keeping mach3 alive I think Gerry. Mach4 is just none starter really hence why people like Cslabs and MCP are jumping ship I think. Just wished they'd done it sooner.

Regards development we'll have to wait and see. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see it features Tangential cutting which I believe UCCNC still doesn't.?
You'd expect little often used a feature like this to be low priority or sidelined for a future release. Let's hope it allows G2/3 moves for arcs.!

What I will do when get it working is check out how it handles G42 as well and report on UCCNC.