Hi guys, David Here from Nottingham,

Great forum ive been lurking around for a while but now im really ready to get stuck in and build my own cnc
ive been thinking of this for a long time but im the past few months have gotten rather serious and have taken the plunge.
reading the forums i realised i know very little about what i thought i knew. but why ive got you here ill take the chance to pick your brain.

So i recently started on a quest to build my own cnc, And now i realised i know next to nothing about electronics.
I feel like the more i learn the less i actually know and im not sure my project will get finished this year unless i ask for your guys help.

Now that i have nothing to do but sit at home its a great time to get really stuck in with my cnc build and i could really use some advice.

I want to build a cnc that has about a meter square working area. mainly to cut foam
but i will want to cut wood at a later date (possible stepper motor upgrade if needed)

my design will be based around the root 2 3d printed cnc (machined aluminium parts not 3d prints) and box steel runners (upgraded to liner rail in v2)

the parts i have acquired so far are ( i will post specifics for each part after )

1x MACH3 4 Axis 100KHz USB CNC Controller Card Breakout Board

4x DC20-50V Stepper Motor DM556

4x Nema23 57BYGH627 3A 270oz (i will upgrade these at a later date in v2)

plus all the random little bits- limit switches / estop / probe ext

the bits i am confused with is working out the power supply needed for the system and i want to run my spindle through the mach 3 board but its all a bit confusing and i am struggling figuring it out. Ive looked at lots of different options but im confused i wont post them here as it may just get confusing.

im looking at purchasing a 500W 52mm ER11 what do i need to connect this to the mach 3 board.

So i guess my main questions are how do i connect the spindle to the mach 3 board and what do i need for it (pwm speed controller ?) do i need a separate power supply or can i supply it all from one power supply.
specifications
MACH3 4 Axis 100KHz USB CNC Smooth Stepper Motion Controller Card Breakout Board

DC20-50V Stepper Motor DM556 Digital NEMA23 NEMA34 Photoelectric isolation

* Input Power: 24-50V DC Power, Typical Value: DC36V
* Output Current: 1.0A-5.6A, 8 Steps Adjustable, Resolution 0.5A
* Drive mode: Two-level constant current PWM Drive Output
* Insulation Resistance:> 500MΩ At Normal Temperature And Pressure
* Insulation Strength: 500V / Min At Room Temperature And Pressure
* Size: 118 * 75.5 * 34mm / 4.65 * 2.97 * 1.34in(Approx.)
* Mounting Hole Distance: About 112mm / 4.41in(Approx.)

Stepper Motor Nema23 57BYGH627 3A 270oz-in 4-Wire Kit

Part No.: 57BYGH627 single shaft
Frame Size: NEMA23
Step Angle: 1.8 degree
Voltage: 3.0VDC
Current: 3.0 A/phase
Resistance: 1.0 Ohm/phase
Inductance: 3.5 mH/phase
Holding torque: 19 Kg-cm 270 oz-in
Rotor inertia: 480 g-cm2
Detent torque: 0.6 kg-cm
Number of wire leads: 4
Weight: 2.20lb (1.0 kg)
Length: 76mm
Shaft diamter: 6.35mm (1/4")

Its probably a bit of an ebay special but atm its only for cutting foam and the fun of actually making something and testing i plan to fully upgrade once i have the basic knowledge and actually know what im doing

thanks for any help guys