. .
    Hi All

I built my cnc router some time ago and now I'm about about to move house, I wonder how I'm going to transport it safely.

Router looks like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7044AC - Copy.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	506.8 KB 
ID:	30178 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mikecampbell_7c3.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	30179 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mikecampbell_8.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	30180

My initials thoughts are to build a sturdy wooden frame from 4x2 to prevent gantry movement, move the gantry to the centre of the machine and have some handles so it can be lifted by 2 person or hire an engine hoist so that it can be lifted off the supporting table.

The machine weighs around 100kg so any advice on how to do this safely would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Michael
    Last edited by MikeyC38; 05-07-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Michael 2 people can easily lift 100 kg as you say just move the gantry to the centre and lower the spindle to a block on the bed .

If the control box is solid wired you might be able to put that on the bed as well.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Hi Clive
    Thanks for your response. Regarding the control box, luckily I used locking xlr plugs and sockets for the stepper motor wiring and jack plugs for the limits and auto tool setting plates.
    However there is so much stuff in the garage to clear, dump, box up etc etc ...

Kind Regards
    Michael

I would make some simple wooden clamps, move everything to the center, lock everything using the wooden clamps, as a friend or a relative to help and that's it. You can test if you can lift one side, and if yes then you only need a partner who is about as strong as you are. Just make sure nothing moves during transport, lift it onto a transport cart and that's it. Of course, don't keep it on the cart during transport.

If you don't want to make clamps you can also use strong zip ties around the ball screws (one on each side of each nut) or some other fasteners, just make sure nothing moves during transport.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

Thread Information