. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That sounds like a good plan. Combining the router with a plasma (or laser) cutter is something I've been thinking of doing, since now I have an aluminium bed it wouldn't take much more to convert.

Anyway, rails...I've got some brand new 15mm NSK rails with flanged bearings blocks (LAH15) spare. Four 520mm rails and eight blocks. I got them to make a small machine, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon so I'll sell them for the right price...Seems a shame to cut them so if you can increase the bearing spacing by 120mm you'll get the same travel as with the planned 400mm rails, but with a decent increase in rigidity through having reduced the force on each bearing block.

About the other rails, PM sent...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    That sounds like a good plan. Combining the router with a plasma (or laser) cutter is something I've been thinking of doing, since now I have an aluminium bed it wouldn't take much more to convert.

Anyway, rails...I've got some brand new 15mm NSK rails with flanged bearings blocks (LAH15) spare. Four 520mm rails and eight blocks. I got them to make a small machine, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon so I'll sell them for the right price...Seems a shame to cut them so if you can increase the bearing spacing by 120mm you'll get the same travel as with the planned 400mm rails, but with a decent increase in rigidity through having reduced the force on each bearing block.

About the other rails, PM sent...
    Well that cuts down the bits i will be needing for sure, I will PM you asap..

Rick

Anybody else who has a lead please pipe in ..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Thread Information