Quote Originally Posted by Hemsworthlad View Post
Bobcad must be feeling the crunch!!. . . . on sunday I downloaded V23 demo and to do so I had to register.
Monday afternoon a very nice Bobcad sales person with a very cool "hot dickerty dawg" southern american accent phoned.
After nearly 15mins . .(normally tell them to piss off after 20secs but is voice was fun listening and I was bored". .telling me how wonderful and how much money bobcad could save me we got to the nitty gritty of price. . . . . Bobcad Pro V23 + V23 Art normally 4,500 dollars lol
TO ME £300 Quid. . . . .. . .Still too dear for a yorkshireman thou:nope:. . told him to go away and sharpen his pencil
Somebodys feeling the pinch
I had a very similar experiance. I knew after downloading the demo they would call but I thought I would get a week to play around with it. Not a bit of it, I downloaded at midnight and got the call at about 3 pm gmt.
Anyway to cut a long........... I bought the lathe/mill package for £300
I went for the download as the cd / manual was an extra $50.
Then I discovered that to transfer from one computer to another would involve a fee. Plus the download looked a bit tricky and I had a dodgy broadband connection at time. So, I decided to pay the extra and get the cd and although a dongle wasn't mentioned by said smooth talking American, I discovered here on this forum that a dongle exists so decided to obtain that as well.
Thats when my problems started or perhaps they started when I downloaded the demo !
Bobcad have not answered my mails apart from a mail saying somebody would be in touch, ( they havn't) I will try and phone soon but I am feeling a bit pissed, especially as I was welcomed into the Bobcad family and was expecting good customer support.

Be Warned !!! Phil.