. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Had a quick look at your file and because the tenon sticks up in the middle and stops a full face operation you will have to draw Low 1 and low 2 longer to allow for the tool radius.
    You also have the depths of these profiles starting at -10.0 with a depth of 0.0 ?

You also have double entities centre right opposite the upstanding part.
    John S -

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Eddy, I'm trying to sway towards packages that have a lathe option to try and avoid having different packages for everything.

Thanks John.
    I set the profile depths to appear how I'd expect the finished article to look. Is that not the best way to do it?
    The double entities are probably a result of me trying various options and not tidying up.

In all honesty, at the moment I'm struggling to see any benefit of Dolphin over CamBam, at least for the standard version, and they don't let you trial the Pro version. At least with CamBam, if I need to add anything to the drawing, I just need to add it in and not mess around switching between CAD and CAM.

Thread Information