. .
    Location unknown. Topping tools Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6160 members to the community.
    Hi,

Wanted to say hello as I've been reading threads for a while. I have a EMCO PC turn 55 running with the original RS422 board with an old Dell desktop. All running great, though I have had to build a few Win 98 machines to get a successful result.

I'm about to aquire a couple of conect number control machines. A Contour Minor and Cadet Plus. I don't know if they work, but do know they all still have the old electronics and not much tooling.

The current plan is to turn the Lathe into a wood only machine for turning handles. I don't have a need for the mill just yet so it can wait...

I'll be looking for any advice on a cheap option to modernise the control.

Cheers

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Hi Topping welcome to the forums.

.Me
    .Me

Thread Information