Just saying Hi.
I have been prompted to join having lurked in the 'Zone for ten years.
I have worked with NC machines, starting in 1972, CNC, since 1978, and made a few bits by programming along the way. I have commissioned new machines as well as installing retro-fit accessories, together with a bit of process development along the way. However I am now retired from where I have been doing just that for over thirty years.

I do admit to having a blind-spot when it comes to electronics though - this is where I may need a bit of help.
Currently I am preparing my home workshop - next step is insulation, and a dust-free floor. Once that's done I can get onto my main focus which is to retrofit an old CNC dental mill with a 'modern' CNC system and get onto making cases and dials for watches. Horological wheels and pinions may be a step too far, but I am looking at it closely (sorry about the pun). A diode laser may be in my future for lithography, not cutting, and the delta 3d printer concept fascinates me.

In return I can possibly contribute to discussions about swiss lathe designs, heat treatment, materials and so on. I've even dabbled in coolant, or was that paddled - that went pear-shaped a few times.

I look forward to being involved.

Kind Regards