. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have just sent Booker Timber an email and I will be dropping in on them tomorrow to see what they have in stock/can supply.

Thanks to Philly and everyone trying to help me and I will post tomorrow night once I have some more information.
    Life lesson number 1: If your not enjoying it your doing it wrong...........
    Life lesson number 2: Refer to Life lesson number 1...........

Well everyone I have some good news!

today I went to Bookers Timber Ltd in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire and had a chat with them and saw some of their BB grade Baltic Birch plywood and I also spoke to Steve Caddick from their Sales office at their Warrington office.

Steve was VERY helpful and he clarified the Baltic Birch plywood grading system for me.

If you look on their site: Chipboard, Marine Plywood Sheets. Mdf Sheets & Pin Boards - BookerTimber.co.uk you will see that S grade is the highest quality and BB is the next rating down.

Steve explained to me that the ONLY difference between S grade and BB grade was the number of knots/defects/patches in the outside layers of the plywood. The inside structure and the quality of the plywood is not different.

Therefore after talking to Steve we both agreed that the BB grade Baltic Birch plywood his company supply would be suitable for my needs. Of course I will need to get a couple of sheets after I get paid and try them for myself. Once I have done this I will of course post some pictures and the overall results.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful help you provided
    Life lesson number 1: If your not enjoying it your doing it wrong...........
    Life lesson number 2: Refer to Life lesson number 1...........

Glad to hear, they've never failed to help me in the past, even my dad used to use them. Wish I still lived there :D

Have you found any yet? Lathams Timber would be my suggestion as they offer a wide range of sheet materials. They do a mega range. They may not sell direct to you but you could order though your regular timber or builders merchant as most would have an account with Lathams.

Hope this helps.
    Wayne
    armstrongsupplies.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
    Have you found any yet? Lathams Timber would be my suggestion as they offer a wide range of sheet materials. They do a mega range. They may not sell direct to you but you could order though your regular timber or builders merchant as most would have an account with Lathams.

Hope this helps.
    Wayne
    armstrongsupplies.co.uk
    You serious.? . . . He asked in 2013 . .Lol

Amazing. His only posting is suggesting a timber supplier that would use himself as the merchant. The clue is in the signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Nealieboyee View Post
    Amazing. His only posting is suggesting a timber supplier that would use himself as the merchant. The clue is in the signature...
    I agree but have to say it is a good company to deal with
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information