Hi Guys,
been lurking a while now reading about CNC Routers, so great to finally post here!
I'm wanting a small CNC router, perhaps what you'd call a hobbyist machine rather than an industrial one.
I only want it to do fairly simple tasks, nothing more complex than cutting out a circle of wood or carving (shallow) legible letters into birch plywood (I'm planning on making my own short run board game as a side line to a business I own, I wouldn't want to outsource).

Here's a quick list of my needs:
-to be able to engrave a mm or two into 9mm birch plywood (incidentally I assume I'm best getting 'laser' plywood right?)
-a cut area of at least 280mmx280mm
-be able to cut right through the 9mm ply on occasion and frequently through 3 or 6mm (for a few little counters).
-My max budget is £2000(not including mach 3 or equivalent)
-speed, or the ability to make very complex 3d shapes isn't a big deal
- to be reliable, I'm not experienced in electronics and wouldn't want to build my own or spend lots of time upgrading a machine.

Although I've no experience with CNC routers I am very experienced using sign cutters and designing vectors, and I have had about a years experience using 3d software (autodesk 3ds max) for basic design and animation so I'm hoping that counts a little bit for something!

I found this, which on the face of it seems suitable, the Click N Carve by ToolTec..link but any better suggestions or advice would be more than welcome.
Thanks for your help and happy 2014!
Mark.