PDA

View Full Version : Centroid Acorn DIY CNC controller

NB70
27-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Centroid are bringing out a DIY 4-Axis CNC controller - based on a BeagleBone.

Link: Centroid Acorn CNC controller $265 (http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy/acorn_cnc_controller.html)

Bravin Neff
27-10-2017, 09:49 PM
I am very excited by this. I am working on my first DIY CNC router. I have been searching high and low for a professional style CNC control, and after having investigated all the GRBL stuff, the Mach3/4 stuff, UCCNC, LinuxCNC, the Masso stuff, this comes closest to what I'm used to and expect.

I have been repeatedly frustrated by running into something missing I consider important. UCCNC looks great, love the software, but it has no cutter comp (why?!). I absolutely love the Masso idea, and this would be my first choice if not for, again, missing cutter comp and other things. The mach 3/4 and LinuxCNC stuff is too PC oriented, not necessarily a bad thing but too fragmented and I can't stand the UI's. GRBL is just bare bones, I can't imagine running that for a living.

And now this Centroid/Acorn. I checked out the G/M code list. Check. 8 extra M-codes? Sign me up. Fanuc Macro B with full G65? Where do I sign. I can't imagine anyone coming from the pro cnc world being satisfied with the others when you have this available.

Of course, I have *no idea* if it works as advertised, LOL.

DY10CNC
15-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Hello,
I started a new post on the Centroid Acorn Controller, asking if members have any hands on experience.

I have had less than positive responses, both to my post and the Acorn controller.

It appears that to date no one has tried the unit or wants to try it. .

However I have one in the mail - arriving Thursday 16 November.

If you are interested I will update you on my experience.

Bravin Neff
15-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Hello,
I started a new post on the Centroid Acorn Controller, asking if members have any hands on experience.

I have had less than positive responses, both to my post and the Acorn controller.

It appears that to date no one has tried the unit or wants to try it. .

However I have one in the mail - arriving Thursday 16 November.

If you are interested I will update you on my experience.

Definitely interested.