PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello from Waterlooville, Hampshire

Chester
02-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Hello All,

I'm a new user here (and on forums in general). I'm also fairly new to the world of CNC. I have a home made router and am managing to cut a few bits and pieces and break plenty of cutters.

My machine is welded steel gantry frame with:

THK Linear bearings
UC400ETH ethernet motion controller
Meanwell S-350-36 Power supply
DM542A Longs stepper drivers
Longs 23HS9430 Stepper motors
Huanyang VFD 1.5kw air cooled spindle

Software:
UCCNC machine control
Aspire 8.0
Fusion 360

I would like to get Mach 3 running and have also just downloaded GWizard. Does anyone have good things to say about GWizard??

Leadhead
02-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Chester - Good to know there is a local CNC`r. Just up the road in Horndean if you feel like a meet.

Chester
02-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Hi Leadhead, yes, would be good to meet up. Is there a way to PM details on this site?

Lee Roberts
03-09-2017, 03:31 AM
Welcome to the forum Chester,

If you click on LeadHead's name it will give you the option to PM him in a small pop up.

AlexDoran
04-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Welcome, i am also local to you guys, just in Warblington / Denvilles myself.

Alex

Leadhead
04-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Alex - Meeting Chester tomorrow. Are you interested to meet at some time?

AlexDoran
04-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Alex - Meeting Chester tomorrow. Are you interested to meet at some time?

Sure am, maybe you guys can pop down to the factory at some point, could show you the two big CMS machines, the one im building and my 3D Printers etc :)

Factory is in Farlington PO6 1SD.

Thanks

Alex

WRandall
13-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Hello you lot, i'm also a new member based in Portsmouth (i've got a workshop at Trafalgar Wharf) looking to connect with more experienced CNC'ers.

I've got a 2nd hand chinese DM-1212 which is giving me problems with a dead axis. Also want to convert it over to Mach3, so i'd love to pick a few brains!

Best,

Will

AlexDoran
16-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Hi Will,

What Axis is dead? Did you try swapping the motors or Stepper Driver to see which is causing the fault (if it is either of those).

Alex

Leadhead
16-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Will - Happy to pitch in if you need some help

WRandall
16-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Cheers the reply Alex! Yeh i've swapped the jumpers from the Y over to the x driver and i get movement on the Y that way. So i've got motion on X,Y,Z motors, just the y-allocated driver is showing a fault and can't drive any of the motors with it.

WRandall
16-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Cheers Leadhead, should i post up some pics of the drivers? Maybe you could advise on whether i need to replace them with different drivers and board in the pc to get me back to running on Mach3. NCStudio is no fun at all :)

AlexDoran
17-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Cheers the reply Alex! Yeh i've swapped the jumpers from the Y over to the x driver and i get movement on the Y that way. So i've got motion on X,Y,Z motors, just the y-allocated driver is showing a fault and can't drive any of the motors with it.

Hi Will,

Ok good start, Pics of the drivers would be helpful, do you mean the driver has a flashing Red LED or something when you say it is showing fault?

Not sure what drivers you have, but the AM882 Leadshine drivers i have flash a red LED if any of the vital connections aren't detected / wired incorrectly.

Thanks

Alex

Leadhead
20-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Will - If you are still in trouble. I can pop in next week with a spare driver and BoB if you think it would help.

WRandall
21-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Think there are photos attached now. Sorry, first time uploading photos to the forum.

Curiously, although nothing else has changed, i'm now also getting a Y Limit alarm on NC Studio. The gantry is nowhere near the limit switch, which is a proximity type.

WRandall
21-10-2017, 12:16 PM
And thanks Lead, that would be AMAZING. Have PM'd you with my number. Anytime convenient to you, i'll be there with bells on.

Crazy L
18-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Hi Chester

Welcome to the forum, looks like you've settled in well. I don't post here often as I don't currently spend a lot of time with my cnc due to other commitments. However, I see you guys have all met. I'm in Havant and feel left out :moody::friendly_wink:

haha.