PDA

View Full Version : Replaced faulty driver, now that axis runs in reverse

WRandall
08-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Hi all,

After Mr Leadhead of these forums very kindly popped by to check over my Chinese 4x4' router and discovered the Leadshine M542-05 Y axis driver was indeed shot, I bought a JMC 2DM542 and installed it, connecting the wires like-for-like.

Y axis now moves in the wrong direction.

Now, if i was using Mach 3 i seem to remember there was a toggle to mirror an axis BUT i'm still stuck on NC Studio until i can afford a new control board (thinking Planetary; have heard good things) but in the meantime: anyone know a quick fix?

NC Studio has 2 identical checkboxes labelled Mirror Axis, but neither do anything.

The 2DM542 manual has a couple of wiring diagrams, nothing i can make sense of.

The manual also has a chapter on parameter settings, but apparently i need an HISU adjuster to alter them. There's one called Initial Direction Selection which looks nice.

SO, any hints and tips before i start switching PUL+/-; DIR+/- wires around on the driver?

Many thanks,

Will in Portsmouth

Doddy
08-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Swap the two wires of ONE motor winding over.

WRandall
08-05-2018, 08:15 PM
AHA! Ok, so A+ to A-, or B+ to B-, but only switching either A's or B's?24198

Doddy
08-05-2018, 08:16 PM
That's the plan. Don't forget to remove power before you do it

WRandall
08-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Many thanks! Works perfectly. IOU a beer.

I love this forum.

W

fkwoodcnc
31-10-2018, 07:42 AM
There is a parameter in the drive called "Command Direction Selection", which can be reversed. If you make a mistake after changing, you need to change the direction of the location feedback. It should be like this, you can try it.