PDA

View Full Version : Simple Lathe CAM

Leadhead
27-06-2018, 10:04 AM
I would like to find a "simple" lathe CAM programme. A cut above Mach 3 Lazyturn and Wizards. But not wallet busting as I use the lathe infrequently. (Estlcam turn if it existed!! but sadly not)) There is a programme called Ecam that looks promising but info is a bit sparse. If any of you guys have tried this or any other programmes that might fit in the category. Would much appreciate your advice.

djm77
27-06-2018, 08:05 PM
We use OneCNC which is at the lower end of cost compared to the likes of edgecam. A full professional suite though and not a cheap alternative to industry leading software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m_c
27-06-2018, 10:14 PM
Fusion360?

Not the simplest, but it does have good turn functionality.

Leadhead
28-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Yes I am using F360 and have access to other sophisticated programming, but by the time I have revised the methodology, again?
The guy at Ecam informs me there is no PP for Mach3/4 and limited tool shape input. But otherwise almost there. So still searching.

Ross77
09-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Im using Fusion 360 and Linux, All free and works well, Lathe macros in Linux as well for quick one offs.

Fusion is a bit difficult to learm but as its CAD and CAM its quick to update the CAM after minor tweaks to the design.