PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Conect 121 CNC Lathe (s)! Ex High School.

DMY
03-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Hello.

The story explaining my ownership of these lathes is a bit boring but to cut to the interesting bit, I have 3 ex high school Conect 121 lathes for sale, 2 of which have the original interface / control unit and one is complete with the BBC computer with software, monitor and floppy disk drive.

These are based on a Myford ML10 lathe so a very robust and stiff machine. They are fitted with coolant system, a Burnerd 3 jaw chuck and a Dickson toolpost with holders.

I would be looking for £500 plus delivery (around £70). Price could be negotiable if you are interested in more than one.

JohnHaine
15-07-2018, 09:59 AM
Do they have ballscrews please? And where are you based?

Thanks, John.

DMY
20-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Hello John.

Sincere apologies for the delay; the notification of your message ended up in my junk folder. Not too handy!

I believe the screws are stock Myford items so not likely a ballscrew. The main leadscrew is a square form thread as you would expect.

The machines are in Arbroath, East Scotland. Are you in the area? Viewing is welcome if so. Thanks.

Regards, Duncan.

m_c
20-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Are you sure these don't have ballscrews?

Any I've seen came with ballscrews, although the bearing/end float support setup was far from ideal.

DMY
23-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Good morning.

There is a good chance you know more than I do on the finer details of these machines! Having read around it seems that the X axis at least is a ballscrew. They have not been modified anyway so if that is the original specification then they will still be as intended. If you would like photos / further information then I will do my best to help. Thanks.

Duncan.

m_c
23-07-2018, 04:17 PM
I owned one of their later light grey/blue lathes, but I've seen a couple build threads involving the older green versions.

Easy way to tell, is you should be able to stick your hand up under the saddle and feel the X screw. You might be able to get your head at an angle to look at it, or take a photo of it with a camera if you really want to see it.
The Z axis, if you take one of the securing screws out one end of a telescopic cover, you'll be able to slide the cover back so you can see the screw.

JohnHaine
23-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Thanks Duncan. I'm a long way away from Arbroath I'm afraid! Live near Cambridge. I have a Super 7 I have converted with ballscrew X feed, manage OK with standard Z leadscrew but one day I may retrofit a ballscrew.

DMY
24-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Thanks folks, yes the feeds are indeed ballscrews. It seems I have misjudged these machines! They must be a bit more precise than I had imagined them to be. Cheers.

depronman
01-11-2018, 11:45 PM
Hi,
Are these Lathe's still available ?