PDA

View Full Version : 3DM860 driver question

marbles
14-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Hi,

I bought a 3DM860 driver but didn't realise its a 3phase driver. Silly me I see its clearly stated in the description :culpability:.
My question is is there any way that can drive my 2ph 4 wire Nema 34? :redface:

john swift
15-11-2018, 01:47 PM
3 phase drivers are not compatible with 2 phase motors or visa versa

the only way out I can think of is to sell the drivers and buy drivers compatible with your motors

if your 3 phase drivers are like those used in machines like the Tormach 770 / 1100 PCNC

you may be able to sell them as an alternative to the 3ND883 phase Leadshine drivers

I have seen used instead of the Tormach driver with the 10 pin step & direction connector

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormach-personal-cnc-mill/347610-microstep-driver-pinouts.html

John

marbles
15-11-2018, 03:23 PM
3 phase drivers are not compatible with 2 phase motors or visa versa

the only way out I can think of is to sell the drivers and buy drivers compatible with your motors

John

Cheers John,

Yeh I bought just a single driver for a 4th axis and since I don't have a 3 phase motor its no good to me so just posted it back and get my money back (or some of it). I'll buy a DM860 or an AM880 2 phase driver and this time i'll buy from a UK supplier simply because since start of November almost everything i've imported rom China has had silly money import taxes slapped on them. It just doesnt make it worth importing at the the moment.