PDA

View Full Version : DIR+/- and PUL+/- motor, but single STEP and DIR signals

brebisson
28-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Hello,

Sorry for I am a newbie on CNC...

I am trying to connect a motor driver with 4 wires names: DIR+, DIR-, PUL+ and PUL- to a control board that only have 3 wires: Axis_enable, DIR and STEP...

I am missing something, are these not compatible or is it that DIR- and PUL- should be grounded and STEP=PUL+ with DIR=DIR+?

Thanks!

Cyrille

Clive S
28-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Hello,

Sorry for I am a newbie on CNC...

I am trying to connect a motor driver with 4 wires names: DIR+, DIR-, PUL+ and PUL- to a control board that only have 3 wires: Axis_enable, DIR and STEP...

I am missing something, are these not compatible or is it that DIR- and PUL- should be grounded and STEP=PUL+ with DIR=DIR+?

Thanks!

Cyrille

Welcome to the forum Cyrille. Depending on the BOB you have usually you would have STEP=PUL+ with DIR=DIR+ both connected to 5V+ and STEP=PU- and Dir- going to the BOB

Neale
29-01-2019, 11:03 AM
...and you can leave the axis-enable output from the from the BOB disconnected. Usually drivers are configured so that if you do not connect "enable" then the driver is enabled so a lot of people do not use the "enable" signal at all. However, in this case it sounds as if your driver does not have an "enable" input anyway so you only need to connect the step and direction wires as Clive has suggested.