PDA

View Full Version : Replacement CNC Vision Panels (TecdurŽ MachineSafe)

ChrisF Tecdur
22-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Hello all,

For many of you with CNCs/Lathes etc, you will be keenly aware that the vision panels on your machines amass dirt and damage over time!

Hamilton Erskine (http://www.tecdur.com/vision-panels) offers you high quality replacements or spares. I hope you take the time to review our offering and all the best!

Who are we?

Hamilton Erskine manufactures TecdurŽ MachineSafe (http://tecdur.com/vision-panels) which is a range of CNC vision panels designed to meet required standards; BS EN ISO 23125:2015 (https://www.iso.org/standard/65500.html) or BS EN 16090:2018 (https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030272246).

Do you need them?

Yes, if your existing panels have been damaged or deteriorated by working lubricants over time (impact resistance; aging)

Yes, if you want/need to improve your safety levels. All panels are manufactured to match existing or enhanced safety levels of your panels.

Benefits of TecdurŽ MachineSafe (http://www.tecdur.com/vision-panels)

To knowledge, we're the ONLY U.K based manufacturer of bespoke vision panels for CNCs, Lathes etc.

Manufactured to suit any machine/brand.

TecdurŽ MachineSafe panels are designed to last the life of any machine.

We're competitively priced and maintain a strong lead time.

Panels can be manufactured with: Glass (One side), Glass (both sides), With an air cavity and stepped.

Want a quote for replacement windows or just spares?

Email [email protected] or call me 07851046638 with your dimensions (W x H x T) and machine/model. Or visit our website (http://www.tecdur.com/vision-panels).

magicniner
25-02-2019, 12:00 AM
Are your panels warranted against impacts that polycarbonate would deflect without failure or fracture?

ChrisF Tecdur
25-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Are your panels warranted against impacts that polycarbonate would deflect without failure or fracture?

Thanks for your question! Our panels are warranted to meet the latest BS EN ISO standards for CNC Machine safety vision panels. These standards are stringent.

I hope this answers your question and of course I am happy to help further.

magicniner
25-02-2019, 11:16 AM
I'll take your avoidance of a direct question as a "No" and confirmation that glass will still be cracked by impacts which merely dent polycarb.

ChrisF Tecdur
25-02-2019, 03:57 PM
I'll take your avoidance of a direct question as a "No" and confirmation that glass will still be cracked by impacts which merely dent polycarb.

Whilst polycarbonate does not crack like glass, having polycarbonate only windows does not meet the Health & Safety BS EN ISO standards as polycarbonate is quickly chemically degraded by machine working fluids (MWFs) (you may have some very old ‘white’ panels?). Polycarbonate, is however, the best material to provide the protection so the layer of glass is there to protect the polycarbonate from the MWFs. Polycarbonate is also easily scratched by swarf so the glass helps with that too.

The ejection of part/s always presents a risk of cracking to glass yet, dependent on glass thickness, this can be mitigated against. For example, 8mm glass is less likely to crack than 4mm and we use 4,5,6,8 and even 10mm facing glass.

I hope this provides some clarity. If you need further assistance, I am happy to respond here or via my email above.

ChrisF Tecdur
20-03-2019, 01:53 PM
If anyone has any questions, I am more than happy to answer.

ChrisF Tecdur
09-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Hi guys,

If anyone would like me to send information on our vision panels or answer questions, I would be happy to help.

Also, if you represent a company and the nature of that entity is a CNC Service Engineers, machine tools etc, I can provide a competitive commercial quote based on several machines/models/dimensions.

ChrisF Tecdur
24-04-2019, 10:28 AM
I hope you all enjoyed the Easter break and of course the good weather!

Regarding this thread, as always I'm open to answering any questions you may have as to our product, performance etc.

I'm also conscious that a great deal of users have viewed the thread. We're an open minded company and would like to invite feedback too, so if anybody wishes to add a comment, suggestion etc please feel free.

magicniner
24-04-2019, 11:00 AM
There aren't a huge number of members here with machines with glass panels likely to need replacement, most that do have either ex-educational, home built or new equipment, it's not a particularly fertile hunting ground for sales of aftermarket transparent panels, add to that the level of all around DIY experience and I'll bet that most, like me would source and fit suitable replacement materials locally.
If a panel gets broken on my new machine I'll replace it with laminated glass and apply a transparent film to the outside.

ChrisF Tecdur
24-04-2019, 11:06 AM
There aren't a huge number of members here with machines with glass panels likely to need replacement, most that do have either ex-educational, home built or new equipment, it's not a particularly fertile hunting ground for sales of aftermarket transparent panels, add to that the level of all around DIY experience and I'll bet that most, like me would source and fit suitable replacement materials locally.
If a panel gets broken on my new machine I'll replace it with laminated glass and apply a transparent film to the outside.

Thank you for the reply. In fact, this is not too distant from my own assessment.

I know the audience here consists of enthusiasts though I expected more industry professionals to be active/present.

Nevertheless, If our product can satisfy even one member, then my presence will be worth while.

I

magicniner
24-04-2019, 12:04 PM
If you made a decent spin window that wasn't outrageously priced you might sell a few.

You can spot outrageously or divisively priced products by the complete lack of pricing on web sites, "bespoke products" is often used as an excuse but it simply doesn't wash as a couple of pricing examples can always easily be offered, unless they've never sold anything! :D

I don't even bite and run away from "Email for a quote" suppliers who are obviously fishing to see how much they can relieve you of, and if they are not they should realise that's what it looks like and it puts some people right off ;-)

Chaz
24-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Oddly I was pricing up Perspex type panels yesterday evening to make a 'splash' container for my Bridgeport. Something like this:-

Materials or a solution for that might be of interest.

ChrisF Tecdur
24-04-2019, 02:28 PM
If you made a decent spin window that wasn't outrageously priced you might sell a few.

You can spot outrageously or divisively priced products by the complete lack of pricing on web sites, "bespoke products" is often used as an excuse but it simply doesn't wash as a couple of pricing examples can always easily be offered, unless they've never sold anything! :D

I don't even bite and run away from "Email for a quote" suppliers who are obviously fishing to see how much they can relieve you of, and if they are not they should realise that's what it looks like and it puts some people right off ;-)

Thanks I will advise my colleagues of the feedback ref to spin windows, especially given our in-house capacity to waterjet cut complex shapes.

Ref to pricing, if all machines had standardised sizing, we could provide transparent pricing for these. However given machines are often dissimilar in terms of window specification, and due to commercial sensitivity, we're reluctant to openly publish pricing.

Finally, I can assure you that we try and work with the customer to provide a quote which best suits their requirement/budget.

ChrisF Tecdur
24-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Oddly I was pricing up Perspex type panels yesterday evening to make a 'splash' container for my Bridgeport. Something like this:-

Materials or a solution for that might be of interest.

Interesting, I would like to see if we could do something for you.

What are your dimensions (W x H x T) and can you advise or pm me the pricing you arrived at yesterday?

Chaz
24-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Interesting, I would like to see if we could do something for you.

What are your dimensions (W x H x T) and can you advise or pm me the pricing you arrived at yesterday?

Hi, ill measure up tonight and get this across to you. I might have the table dimensions in a document somewhere but will need to look them up.

ChrisF Tecdur
24-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Hi, ill measure up tonight and get this across to you. I might have the table dimensions in a document somewhere but will need to look them up.

Thanks, are you open to receiving two quotes; poly and glass-poly?

If you can advise your other quotes too that would help.

Chaz
24-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Thanks, are you open to receiving two quotes; poly and glass-poly?

If you can advise your other quotes too that would help.

Yep, whatever you think will work. I didn't get quotes, just looked up the costs of various 'plastic' covers.

ChrisF Tecdur
24-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Yep, whatever you think will work. I didn't get quotes, just looked up the costs of various 'plastic' covers.

Ok I'll be able to respond quicker if you email that info to [email protected]

AndyGuid
25-04-2019, 09:25 AM

I totally agree with you, but in a way you're lucky in that UK websites generally have pricing provided online.

Afraid that downunder in Australia (which is the land of the biggest rip offs!) we are so backward that very few websites provide pricing online for anything.

As a rule I will (and do) happily travel 50 miles for example to change a set of tyres at a company that does provide pricing online, and sod the local bastards!

I even found a bakery in Emerald recently where absolutely nothing was priced (either on pre-packed items or on the walls, etc.). When we noticed that we immediately escaped!!!!:beer::victorious:

ChrisF Tecdur
07-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Happy to help as always guys!

If there is anyone here who works for small-large engineering firms as Tooling Engineers, or Engineering Managers, please do get in touch.