PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter?

jtar40
08-03-2019, 03:46 PM
Hello, I got a question about choosing a breakout board for my cnc. I bought a uc300eth motion controller, along with 3 dm542t drivers, now I just need the breakout board. I've seen a lot of 5 axis boards that are relatively cheap, but they say they're for Mach 3. My problem is that I can't actually find any boards for Uccnc instead of for Mach 3/4. Does it actually matter though? Are breakout boards specifically configured to a single software somehow? Or can I use a Mach 3 breakout board for Uccnc? I understand that motion controllers are specifically configured to their own software (ie- Uccnc won't work on a warp 9 smoothstepper since smoothstepper is configured to Mach 3/4). But is this the same case for breakout boards???

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

driftspin
08-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Hello, I got a question about choosing a breakout board for my cnc. I bought a uc300eth motion controller, along with 3 dm542t drivers, now I just need the breakout board. I've seen a lot of 5 axis boards that are relatively cheap, but they say they're for Mach 3. My problem is that I can't actually find any boards for Uccnc instead of for Mach 3/4. Does it actually matter though? Are breakout boards specifically configured to a single software somehow? Or can I use a Mach 3 breakout board for Uccnc? I understand that motion controllers are specifically configured to their own software (ie- Uccnc won't work on a warp 9 smoothstepper since smoothstepper is configured to Mach 3/4). But is this the same case for breakout boards???

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Hi jtar,

Mach is compatible with uc300eth.

UCCNC is exclusive to UCx controllers.

What version uc300eth do you have? 5lpt?

I have that one and used the cheap 5 axis board.(2 of them)

Mine came with the PP flatcable, port 2 and 3 are standard compatible with those.

The 5 axis bob is 1 on 1 compatible on port 2 and 3.

There is no software in the bob.

i had a budget consideration, and would rather have had ub1 bob icw uc300eth.

Hope this helps.

Grtz Bert.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/868861e3ef015a3a6af66027b048d04a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/9dafd7e7eb79f6b8f7e48562e99e384e.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

A_Camera
11-03-2019, 01:56 PM

Thanks in advance!!!!!

It doesn't matter if the eBay seller lists it as "Mach3" BOB. I am using this one (have two in my machine):

It is the same type as driftspin above uses. It costs less than $10 and it works well since I bought mine over two years now.

Anyway, UCCNC requires the use of controllers from CNC Drive.

routerdriver
12-03-2019, 10:20 AM
My take is that its all a matter of 0's and 1's and if the board has enough connections and you assign them to the functions you need there ought not to be a problem.I used the much maligned DB25-1205 board that came bundled with my Long's motor kit to run with LinuxCNC and it works.I might not be able to produce parts at the rate of a large furniture factory but for a hobby machine I have no complaints.