PDA

View Full Version : Part Machining help

Brett
29-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Hi all, im a new member and new to CNC machining, im looking to get a project prototyped and was woundering were is a good and cheap place to have it done, its a stand for my Stereo Microscope that uses Linear Bearings, note that you can buy this stand for about £280-350 and as you may have guessed I don't have that right now, I have had quotes to make it @£120 per part and there is 4 parts total all made in aluminium, has 3mm, 16mm, 28mm and 32mm holes mostley straight through, I will show a pic of one(the most complex one) below, what would you do to get it made ?

Also it can be edited eg : remove the rounded edges and small holes that I can do at home.
Thanks all for your input
Brett

magicniner
30-03-2019, 02:56 PM
When people ask me about making one-offs for them I always tell them that if someone already sells it in this country, almost regardless of price, that's going to be cheaper. I even do a comprehensive internet search and pass on any suppliers I can find.
What you need is a Model Engineer, many of them place little value on their personal time and think everything should be cheap :D
Regards,
Nick

swara
10-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Same here. I am also new here.

hanermo2
10-04-2019, 04:40 PM
120 £ per part is very cheap for cross holes for linear bearings.
They need accurate bores and accurate angles.