PDA

View Full Version : Help please on DM542T Stepper Drivers

Palletlad
20-06-2019, 11:50 PM
Please can someone assist on how to properly set my switches on the drivers correctly or to explain how I figure them out.

I am looking at the currant table and Pulse/Rev table and this is just not sinking in with me, I have (AnChuan motor 57HD5401-14S 1.8 3.0A N1709)

I think I have to select the slightly lower Amp setting on the currant table so 2.84A for the 3A motor but I want to check this is right?

the Pulse/rev table I just cant figure out in my head what to set it as?

I have my DM542T drivers wired up to a 48v psu.

Many Thanks in advance

AndyUK
21-06-2019, 12:57 PM
I think I have to select the slightly lower Amp setting on the currant table so 2.84A for the 3A motor but I want to check this is right?

Looks sensible to me.

the Pulse/rev table I just cant figure out in my head what to set it as?

This is just setting the microstepping factor - it doesn't really matter which you select, they'll all fundamentally work, but the higher the setting the smoother your motors will be, and they'll be able to position more accurately - but this comes at the cost of reduced torque. Usually 1/8th is a good starting point (1600 pulse/rev).

Palletlad
21-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Many thanks for explaining this is the one part that is not explained well via the internet and just confused me.

I did read a post that I set switch 4 off to set to half currant so when idle it does not heat up as much. Is this right?

Clive S
21-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Many thanks for explaining this is the one part that is not explained well via the internet and just confused me.

I did read a post that I set switch 4 off to set to half currant so when idle it does not heat up as much. Is this right?

Yes that is correct

Palletlad
21-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Thank you both for the help, will trial out the settings tonight