PDA

View Full Version : Mach3 program starts immediately with no prompting

DaveC
10-08-2019, 08:05 PM
I am using mach3 turn on my little denford starturn lathe which is new to me. I was assuming the software was corrupt as when I used the wizards to machine a fillet or radius the tool would do the opposite of what I wanted. ie concave when I wanted covex etc. After a little research I now have this sorted by reversing arcs in the settings and all now is fine however sinceI have had the lathe and when using the wizards the G-code or tool path is not displayed. Also as soon as I post process in the wizards the program starts immediately with no further prompting from me.
Is this a corruption or is there also a setting somewhere I can adjust to rectify this.
There are a couple of g codes from the previous owner on my pc and they work fine when loaded with the tool path and g-codes being displayed as expected.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Lee Roberts
26-08-2019, 06:01 AM
Hi Dave,

Was going to help with the arc's until you fixed it yourself :beaten:

Did you get this sorted?, have you looked at the gcode with-in the files themselves to see what's different in the code?

Clive S
26-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Hi Dave,

Was going to help with the arc's until you fixed it yourself :beaten:

Did you get this sorted?, have you looked at the gcode with-in the files themselves to see what's different in the code?

Hi Lee

I have sorted this for him and converted it to linuxcnc, just done a encoder disc with 64 slots for the rear of the spindle to make the threading more secure.

Lee Roberts
26-08-2019, 08:50 AM
Nice!, ok good job guys enjoy the weather and I'll be in touch.

DaveC
26-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying. Clive has given me a massive amount of help and I'm
now on the LinuxCNC path instead.
Just got to learn how to use it and hopefully find a post processor I can use with Fusion 360.

Regards

Dave