PDA

View Full Version : SIEG KX3 - $ axis with Servo motors and Sieg PC controller

David
19-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Hi, has anyone come across the mentioned configuration? - most of the KX3 posts I assume are for the stepper motor and MACH version
I haven't been able to sort out a post for this machine and desperately need help with sample G-code to compare my data with.
The issues I am experiencing:
Doesn't like the header format
What format is required for the circular interpolation ?
It keeps running out of boundary into the end stops - what is the best setup for the work ref and axis?

Want to use BobCad as my CNC package or is the a different recommendation?

JAZZCNC
19-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Hi, has anyone come across the mentioned configuration? - most of the KX3 posts I assume are for the stepper motor and MACH version

Servo's or steppers doesn't affect CAM Post in any way. CAM has no idea or does it care what's inside the machine. The controller deals with that side. All CAM needs to know is the Format your controller needs. Most Controllers use some form of the Fanuc standard.

The issues I am experiencing: Doesn't like the header format
You need to find out the Format the controller is expecting then use a Post for that format. Or as often the case Modify an existing post.

What format is required for the circular interpolation ?
There is no Format to speak of. There are G-codes for Circular interpolation or as often the case your CAM offers Toolpaths to interpolate holes (pockets) but it's just using a combination of Arc and line G-codes.

It keeps running out of boundary into the end stops - what is the best setup for the work ref and axis?
These are two very different questions and answers.

Work Ref is total up to you and there are several ways to go about it. In Cam you'll set a Zero coordinate for the part either based off a point on the part or stock model if prefer.
At the machine you'll Set Work Zero based on the Part Zero and were you'd like it starting on your Stock.
Like I say many ways to do this but it's a combination of Cam and how you like to work or start your Zero from. Some use a Location on the Vise and program an Offset for the part in Cam.

Running into end stops will probably be because the controller is setup for and expecting Imperial units and the G-code was output for Metric. The part is basicly 25.4 times larger than controller expects. When told to move 25mm controller see's 25 but is working in inch's so off it goes.!!
Some controllers will pre read the G-code and check it doesn't fall out the machines boundery limits and warn if it does. But this is a function the controller not the CAM.