PDA

View Full Version : Usb controller

pemmott
02-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Hello , I have recently purchased a cnc 3040 4 axis router .

The question is a daft one !!!

If I have a controller box with a USB port ( which connects to windows 7 pc ) do I also have to install a parallel port driver ?? Or is that only to be used if the controller box doesn't have a usb port and a old style printer port instead

Yours sincerely

Peter Emmott

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

AndyUK
02-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Depends....

You shouldn't need a Parallel Port driver, but you might need a USB Parallel Port driver if that control box just has a USB to parallel port adapter inside it.

DaveL
02-12-2019, 06:13 PM
I would guess the control box you have in based on GRBL which runs on an Ardiuno, which has a USB port built-in.
You will need software on the PC that sends the G code to the controller, something like Universal Gcode sender, which is a free download.

JAZZCNC
02-12-2019, 07:34 PM
I would guess the control box you have in based on GRBL which runs on an Ardiuno, which has a USB port built-in.
You will need software on the PC that sends the G code to the controller, something like Universal Gcode sender, which is a free download.

Why would you assume such a thing.? . . . .Knowing these things I'd think would be much more chance that it uses Mach3.?

So the question should be what control software are you using.?

Pemmot.
If your using Mach3 or 4 then you will need a Plug-in which is written exclusively for the USB controller you have.