PDA

View Full Version : Altivar 320 VFD + ESS Smoothstepper + Mach4 + Gecko G540

Green Apple
01-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Hi
Sadly I have zero experience with this unit/brand. At this point, I really really really looking for an assistance to set the parameters up properly along with the wiring of an ATV320U75M3C (https://tinyurl.com/u6wlkzn)

This ATV320 is a replacement for a perished Huanyang VFD (HY).
So the Mach4 and the ESS are currently configured and wired to run the HY.
Unfortunately the interface of the ATV320 looks nothing like HY

I have a single phase 240V to a three phase 2.2kW spindle.

Thank you, Erik.

Attached pictures only to show how the HY was connected

To help fill in the additional details for anyone else who reads this thread:

Analog inputs on the Huanyang VFD:
• ACM will be the Analog Common or Analog Ground (A GND) DO NOT HOOK THIS TO ANY OTHER GROUNDS.
• AI is the Analog input, which will be expecting 0V to 10 V DC from your BOB. Use the Red lead of your DC multimeter on AI and your Black lead on ACM if making a voltage measurement.
• VR will supply +10V DC, and you only need to hook this up if your BOB needs a 10V supply voltage in order to generate the 0V to 10V output.

Digital inputs on the Huanyang VFD:
• DCM is your Digital Common, and you should only connect this to the signals noted below. DO NOT HOOK THIS TO ANY OTHER GROUNDS.
• FOR is a relay connection from your BOB, that will tell the VFD to run/spin forwards. One side of your relay should be connected to DCM and the other side to FWD. If your relay shorts these two wires together, the VFD will see this signal as ACTIVE.
• REV is a relay connection from your BOB, that will tell the VFD to run/spin in reverse. One side of your relay should be connected to DCM and the other side to REV. If your relay shorts these two wires together, the VFD will see this signal as ACTIVE.

JAZZCNC
01-01-2020, 08:55 PM
This manual tells you all you need to know really. The wiring is exactly the same just connections named slightly differently.
Set the rest of the parameters according to the motor nameplate.

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=User+guide&p_File_Name=ATV320_Getting_Started_EN_NVE21763_02. pdf&p_Doc_Ref=NVE21763

Green Apple
06-01-2020, 02:57 PM
Thank you for the manual JAZZCNC!
Honestly it is not as simple for me as it seems, I'm really afraid to do this wrong. If this is not too much trouble could you please explain?
Thank you, Erik.

JAZZCNC
06-01-2020, 04:59 PM
Well, I'm sorry if you cannot follow those instructions in the manual then you really shouldn't be messing around with this and seek the help of someone who is more capable.
I'm not comfortable explaining how to do this if you cannot follow that manual because to me it's straight forward and explains in a simple enough way.

Green Apple
06-01-2020, 06:00 PM
I get what you saying.
For example 24 VDC was not a part of HY setup where ATV 320 going to get it is a mystery to me even after I looked at the manual.
It is an expensive piece of equipment and I simply want to make sure it is not going up in smoke.
This is why a asked for help from "someone who is more capable".

Erik

JAZZCNC
06-01-2020, 06:28 PM
I get what you saying.
For example 24 VDC was not a part of HY setup where ATV 320 going to get it is a mystery to me even after I looked at the manual.
It is an expensive piece of equipment and I simply want to make sure it is not going up in smoke.
This is why a asked for help from "someone who is more capable".

Erik

Ok on your head be it.?

While the terminal names are important to understand it's the diagram that shows you how it's done. The switch in the circuit is your relay contact for On/Off. So think of 24V as For and DI1 as DCM just feed these through your relay contact.
The Manual shows you in Green the parameters that need changing for external control.

The Speed Reference is AI1 = VI COM = ACM.

Then just follow the manual and enter the Motor plate details into the parameters.