View Full Version : Aliexpress and JNet delivery

m_c
07-01-2020, 10:07 PM
I ordered an inverter last month, and never really paid much attention to the delivery method.

So anybody got any experience with how long JNet delivery takes?

It's listed as 15-40days, and we're now up to 25 days.
I'm not that worried as I'm not in any great rush, and I can always claim if it doesn't turn up, but just curious as to anybody else's experience.

cropwell
07-01-2020, 10:41 PM
I order lots of small bits on AliExpress and delivery times vary - 20 to 30 days being typical. The stuff that disappears most often is the small desirable stuff like novelty items for kids. Engineering stuff like cutters don't seem to get knicked in transit.

The thing that bugs me is the way UPS slap on 'processing charges' of at least another £8 for paying the import charges and VAT for you before they will deliver to you. I bought a 3D printer twin extruder assembly from Wanhao in China and it cost £75, but by the time UPS delivered it it was £140.

JAZZCNC
07-01-2020, 10:53 PM
I had a Jnet delivery with same delivery time quoted and it took 33days.

m_c
07-01-2020, 11:56 PM
Thanks for that.

Jazz, do you remember who done the final delivery in the UK?

JAZZCNC
08-01-2020, 12:18 AM
Thanks for that.

Jazz, do you remember who done the final delivery in the UK?

Sorry I don't. It came to my business address and the guy who works with me took delivery. I'll ask him if he remembers but we get 20-30 deliveries per week so don't think he will.
I'll also see if can find the paperwork. That said we are very close to a hub and a lot of our stuff comes via a local courier(white van man) who delivers for several cheaper delivery companies, most of the stuff I buy from china come via him.

cropwell
16-01-2020, 05:25 PM
Just had a couple of items from AliExpress ordered on the 7th Jan - So 9 days. But I must admit, this is better than expected.

JAZZCNC
16-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Just had a couple of items from AliExpress ordered on the 7th Jan - So 9 days. But I must admit, this is better than expected.

I've had stuff arrive in 5 days so it doesn't surprise me, but I've also had stuff take 30+ days. So like forests mam says it's like a box chocolates.!!

m_c
18-01-2020, 08:43 PM
I received a Royal Mail customs fee card today, which I'm assuming is for this delivery, as I don't remember ordering anything else from China recently, however the Royal Mail customs fee payment page is "temporarily unavailable", and I'm working during the delivery office opening times this week :-/

cropwell
18-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Well, at least it is in the UK. You should be able to pay the fees by card over the phone and then they will deliver.

m_c
26-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Just for closure, I managed to pay the fee last weekend, and the inverter got delivered on Monday.

I've just temporarily wired it in to test, and it spins the motor when buttons are pressed, so it at least does the basics.

dazp1976
26-10-2021, 09:56 AM
Having to wait. :frown:

Jan135
23-02-2022, 11:02 AM
Aliexpress tend to take up to 2 months to deliver packages. It is still a good option if you don't need your stuff immediately. The cost is usualy lower then averge shop prices.

Jan135
22-04-2022, 01:59 PM
Aliexpress tend to take up to 2 months to deliver packages. It is still a good option if you don't need your stuff immediately. The cost is usualy lower then averge shop prices.

My dad has an engineer job (https://jobgear.uk/Engineer-Jobs-near-me) and he is "implementing" the bits and pieces that he orders from Aliexpress to improve or fix household items.

dazp1976
22-04-2022, 06:41 PM
I've kind of been ordering nearly everything I want from Aliexpress lately. Been no longer than 2 weeks everytime.
I find a lot of the stuff you just cannot get here in UK or is stupidly priced.

Just ordered contractors and a bunch of slim ssr.
Some isolator boards came last week, they took 10 days.

JAZZCNC
23-04-2022, 09:27 AM
I've kind of been ordering nearly everything I want from Aliexpress lately. Been no longer than 2 weeks everytime.

I've been ordering from Ali express for over 10yrs when it was more commonly called Alibaba and it's a lottery how long it takes, can range from 5 days to 10 weeks, and more commonly it's around 2-4 weeks. I've got 4 orders on currently that are over 3 weeks and still no sign.?