PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New Member

Widowmaker
22-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Hi Recently using small CNC machines but found that they wernt suitable for the kind of stuff I wanted to do so splashed out on a Educam 20 from a college but hey ho cant get computer to connect to machine. I keep getting an error message " Com Port not available" or only com port (1,2,3,4,5,etc) available. any one out there with any knowledge of this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Brian

Clive S
23-01-2020, 12:18 AM
Hi Recently using small CNC machines but found that they wernt suitable for the kind of stuff I wanted to do so splashed out on a Educam 20 from a college but hey ho cant get computer to connect to machine. I keep getting an error message " Com Port not available" or only com port (1,2,3,4,5,etc) available. any one out there with any knowledge of this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Brian

Hope you did not pay too much for it. There is a thread here:- http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/11184-Isel-CPM-2018-or-Unimatic-Educam-20/page2

Widowmaker
23-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Thanks Clive, I probably did it came with Galaad 3 and a dongle but i just cant get the laptop to pick it up on com/Lpt Ports. I keep getting an error message saying no com port available or only com port 16 available. Thank you for prompt response.

Regards Brian

AndyUK
23-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Thanks Clive, I probably did it came with Galaad 3 and a dongle but i just cant get the laptop to pick it up on com/Lpt Ports. I keep getting an error message saying no com port available or only com port 16 available. Thank you for prompt response.

Regards Brian

What windows version are you using? I remember something about Windows 10 not being able to use built-in com-ports?

Widowmaker
23-01-2020, 01:57 PM
Hi thanks i'm using windows seven and windows 10 on two different computers. it seems to get further on windows 7

Regards Brian