PDA

View Full Version : Pumotix CNC software

Purelogic R&D
11-02-2020, 01:08 PM
Hello,

We've started this thread to introduce and discuss our control software with you, it's called Pumotix and you can read more about it here: http://pumotix.com/, it has become very popular in Russia and like our other products is becoming more popular in other countries.

Pumotix is more modern control software, we have developed it to be just as worthy as some of the more famous systems you may already be familiar with, such as Mach3/Mach4, UCCNC, LinuxCNC and so on.

The software supports milling machines, thermal cutting machines (plasma and gas) and has support for pipe cutting systems, all covered with a host of advanced features focused on improving the quality of work being produced.

Multi-axis machining support is also available, our control software is able to control a machines with up to 6 axis simultaneously, offering a frequency range choice from 100kHz through to 8MHz.

Another great feature we would like to let you know about, is that most of the system settings are stored at the non-volatile memory level of the motion controller, this means that an unexpected failure of a machines host computer is no longer a problem!

The software offers the opportunity to expand functionality with the help of macro's and background operations written in the modern, lightweight and high-level programming language known as Lua.

Naturally we’ve also included support for your favourite external control devices such as pendants, joysticks and so on. Development of the software is on going, we have a new version of the motion controller software being released soon, we like to listen and always welcome your feedback.

Our licencing system works in a similar way to other products on the market, so it's designed to work with one of our hardware products such as the PLCM Ethernet motion controllers, to find out more about these please take a look at our website for more information: http://pumotix.com/#controllers

We'll be glad to answer any questions you may have, offering a high level of support as well as great products is always a priority to us so we’ve also put together a section on our website with documentation and common FAQ’s you may like to view first, you can find more information located here: http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/...ser+manual

JAZZCNC
11-02-2020, 05:38 PM
Hi, I've seen several videos of this software but they have all been in Russian so how about making an English video..? I used to use your products but one of the largest drawbacks was the language barrier and lack of support in English. This doesn't seem to have changed much.

Also is the software backward compatible with your older controllers.?

Doddy
11-02-2020, 08:10 PM
"Volatile" memory? Maybe lost in translation but do you perhaps mean "non-volatile"?

Anyway, so you don't do lathes?, that's one of my machines out of the question. You're Windows only?, that's a hard sell for me (my aim is to go non-windows on everything... though Linuxcnc is a slog).

What's the USP on this?, what distinguishes your software from Mach/UCCNC? (your controllers are reasonably priced), I have one machine in mind but I'm not keen on having three different systems in use.

Purelogic R&D
12-02-2020, 06:57 AM
Hello,
Please see the video in English made by one of our clients. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-csT5pV4ijY&feature=youtu.be
We are ready to support you in English here or by e-mail ([email protected])
The software is compatible with our PLCM Ethernet, please see them here http://pumotix.com/#controllers

Purelogic R&D
12-02-2020, 03:33 PM
"Volatile" memory? Maybe lost in translation but do you perhaps mean "non-volatile"?

Anyway, so you don't do lathes?, that's one of my machines out of the question. You're Windows only?, that's a hard sell for me (my aim is to go non-windows on everything... though Linuxcnc is a slog).

What's the USP on this?, what distinguishes your software from Mach/UCCNC? (your controllers are reasonably priced), I have one machine in mind but I'm not keen on having three different systems in use.

Yes, of course! Non-volatile memory used. Thanks. We fixed this defect.
Unfortunately, lathe is not supported yet.
Yep, Windows only (XP SP3 and newest). Now we are considering the possibility of porting to Linux.
A general list of features is listed here (http://doc.pumotix.ru/x/hwDI).
We will always be happy to answer more specific questions when comparing these CNC control systems.

AndyUK
12-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Your features list says:

innovative mathematical algorithm of 9D path interpolation

Can you tell us what the additional five dimensions are?

cropwell
12-02-2020, 06:53 PM
Your features list says:

Time, Thought, Faith, Hope and Charity ?

Purelogic R&D
13-02-2020, 07:26 AM
Your features list says:

innovative mathematical algorithm of 9D path interpolation

PUMOTIX CNC system supports 9 axes: X, Y, Z, A, B, C, U, V, W (maximal motors count depends on hardware). Axes from ABC triple are considered to be rotary and those from UVW triple are linear. When any of these axes including linear and rotary move simultaneously the path is blended according to selected control mode what allows to maintain maximal velocity (multi-axis continuous machining option required).

Purelogic R&D
14-04-2020, 06:40 AM
Hello,
We keep on receiving requests about this or that feature of our CNC software Pumotix.
Please see all the possible documentation here: http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/...ser+manual
Anyway you can always contact us here or send us an e-mail ([email protected]), we'll be glad to support you.

Boyan Silyavski
14-04-2020, 07:25 PM
All the functions for the most expensive variant have to be free IMO. Bellow i copy past from your web site.

One additional motor
Drilling Cycle Support
Idle speed adjustment
Coordinate system rotation by G-code
Quick start G-Code from an arbitrary line
Performing G-Code backwards
Continuation of the G-Code from the middle of the trajectory

This is ridiculous someone to be charged extra for that basic functions. Now i understand if 4 and 5 axis cost more. But resuming G code, Idle speed adjustment... Is this a joke?

Purelogic R&D
15-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Boyan, thanks for the feedback!
We don't really understand what you mean by "All the functions for the most expensive variant have to be free IMO".
We provide with all the possible options free for those who order our CNC machines and CNC boxes.
Also you can get free every single option free for testing, so you'll be able to evaluate the possibilities and decide which features you will use in future.

JAZZCNC
15-04-2020, 12:41 PM
We don't really understand what you mean by "All the functions for the most expensive variant have to be free IMO".
We provide with all the possible options free for those who order our CNC machines and CNC boxes.
Also you can get free every single option free for testing, so you'll be able to evaluate the possibilities and decide which features you will use in future.

He means you shouldn't be charging for any of them. Those features are standard in just about every other controller software. Some company's like Perevusi don't even charge for the software and they have far more advanced features than your software does. They also provide a manual that is very comprehensive and understandable, unlike yours, which is sparse and unhelpful.

I think as a company you really need to re-think your approach to this software and the quality of the manuals you provide. I know of several people who have bought your product only to sell or not use and even worse damage them because your manual was confusing and unhelpful.

Boyan Silyavski
15-04-2020, 05:09 PM

See picture is what i mean . And like Dean said above, that should be for free.

Purelogic R&D
16-04-2020, 09:40 AM
Thank you, English is not our native language, and of course, we may do something wrong.
Could you please specify what information is missing, or what you would like to know about our software according to that documentation http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/User+manual
Yes, we charge money for the software features, but at the same time we offer basic options of Pumotix free. They are perfectly suitable for milling hobby machines.
We suppose that to understand a product, it is necessary to test it. If you have a controller, you can do it free.
Also you can always reckon on our technical support.

ericks
16-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Thanks for this thread, i had a quick look at the manual....looks okay to me. I might download the free version to look at :)

Purelogic R&D
16-04-2020, 12:30 PM
Thanks, looking forward to your opinion!
Please feel free to ask questions.

JAZZCNC
16-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Thank you, English is not our native language, and of course, we may do something wrong.
Could you please specify what information is missing, or what you would like to know about our software according to that documentation http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/User+manual
Yes, we charge money for the software features, but at the same time we offer basic options of Pumotix free. They are perfectly suitable for milling hobby machines.
We suppose that to understand a product, it is necessary to test it. If you have a controller, you can do it free.
Also you can always reckon on our technical support.

My comment regards manuals was more in general about your products ie: hardware, not so much this software. But without your hardware then this software is useless so it does apply.
Obviously your aiming this software at hobby users because your trying to validate it's lack of standard features. However, your hardware manuals are very unhelpful towards hobby users, lots of who have limited technical knowledge regards electronics so do not understand the technical symbols and phrases that you use.
For instance, the manual for your PLCM-E4 is just 11 pages long, 2 of those are the usual intro rubbish which is badly explained and 5 of them are just on connecting the ethernet/plugin in windows with 2 more for warranty. That leaves just 2 pages of what is basically useless info and graphics to a new hobby user.

It would be much more helpful if you provided examples on how to wire basics like Motors, and Estops, limits, etc.

Regards the software features then things like Canned cycles, Feed override or feed hold, coordinate rotation, Run from Here, Etc are not advanced features and should be standard in any software and most Hobby users will use those features, especially "feed override and hold" or "Run from Here", so asking $217 extra is ridiculous.

I build CNC routers mostly for Hobby users and I can tell you that most of my customers use these features daily.
Also do not underestimate what the hobby community are capable of making with there machines and need from the control software. Just because they are not making money from there machines doesn't mean they don't need the same features that a business user requires. So again what you are classing as advanced is not and shouldn't be charged extra.

You are blatantly trying to profiteer from hobby users by removing features they will need so eventually get them to pay over the top for your software. Shame on you and why it will never be recommended by me and many other influential builders/users like Boyan who deal with lots of hobby users and see what you are doing.

Edit: Oh and your website is Rubbish unless you speak Russian.!!

ngwagwa
16-04-2020, 04:54 PM
However, your hardware manuals are very unhelpful towards hobby users, lots of who have limited technical knowledge regards electronics so do not understand the technical symbols and phrases that you use!

I had a quick look at the mnual and IMHO and (speaking as someone with only a basic knowledge) they are somewhere between Chinglish and English.

Totally agree regarding the missing features.

Purelogic R&D
17-04-2020, 08:32 AM
Many thanks for your opinions. We appreciate much the existing feedback. Of course we'll consider your pieces of advice and work about the English manuals of ours.

Purelogic R&D
02-06-2020, 01:30 PM
We've developed a new generation expansion board PLCM-B1-G2 for our motion controllers. Please see the video in English here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHnThX7pglM
Feel free to ask if you need more information.

Purelogic R&D
11-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Hello dear MYCNCUK forum users,
In cooperation with the forum moderators, we'd like to announce the sale promotion "Pumotix for everybody!"
Currently our software is used by thousands of CNC makers all over the world, and we hope that the promotion will help us expand the sales geography of Pumotix, and you'll get a qualified product absolutely free.
To take part in the sales promotion you just need to send an e-mail to [email protected]
Please put "free PLCM + Pumotix" in the subject line of that and specify the following contact information about you:
1. Full name.
2. If you present a company, please send us its name, activities and website.
3. Network accounts (Facebook, twitter, YouTube) + your nickname on the forum.
4. Shipment address.
5. Telephone number.
6. Some items about your CNC activities.
- What software do you usually use?
- What type of CAM software do you use?
- What kind of a CNC machine will you use to test our products (+ a photo, if possible)?
- What does the machine proceed? For what purpose?
- What type of electronics is installed on the machine (drivers, BOBs and so on)?

We'll choose some lucky MYCNCUK forum users and provide them with our controller and an improved version of the software free.
Please hurry up, time is limited!

Purelogic R&D
02-07-2020, 08:44 AM
Hello everybody,
Please also see another video of ours in English here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx67ofzFP90&feature=youtu.be
That is about a Pumotix option “G-code quick start from an arbitrary line”.
We believe it will be helpful to get some more information about the software.

Purelogic R&D
14-08-2020, 09:57 AM
Cam-system by Purelogic R&D
Hardware – software CNC complex Pumotix developers released preparing control program system for thermal cutting machines-PUMOTIX CAM.

Access to all the features of the CAM system is provided free up to 12/31/2020
PUMOTIX CAM download file

The starting version of the CAM system has the following features for plasma and gas-oxygen cutting machines:
1. Simple and intuitive procedure for plasma and gas cutting machines sheet cutting programs.
2. Manual and auto nesting modules for saving material consumption.
3. Import of DXF format sketches.
4. Built-in library of standard parts.
5. Direct integration of machine control system with its own CNC machine control system.
6. Built-in features to improve quality of hole cutting.
7. The same flexible licensing system as PUMOTIX has.

In the future, it is planned to introduce laser cutting modules for preparing control programs, waterjet cutting, engraving and figural cutting machines using a rotary axis.
Detailed descriptions of options and package offers are provided on the PUMOTIX website (http://pumotix.com).

Purelogic R&D
26-11-2020, 09:35 AM
We'd like to inform you about our new (8MHz) motion controller.
It is designed to create a multi-axis CNC system. The controller has various digital communication interfaces, a large number of inputs / outputs, relay outputs and is controlled via the Ethernet interface from a personal computer using the PUMOTIX software.
"STEP/DIR (6 independent motors) up to 8 MHz per motor"
CAN*: CANopen protocol for drives control. *Not implemented yet
RS-485: Modbus RTU for spidnle inverter control and other auxiliary equipment.
To have a detailed instruction please see the link http://www.pumotix.com/upload/iblock/7af/CNC_controller_PX1_instruction_en%20(2).pdf

Purelogic R&D
02-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Hello everybody,
We'd like to inform you that our US partner made a couple of videos about our software Pumotix (in English, of course).
They are surely helpful for those who use or plan to use the software.
There are also other interesting videos, they can really be helpful for both experienced CNC users and amateur ones.
Please see the link to his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/corvetteguy50/featured

Ali Kat
02-01-2022, 11:40 AM
I have had a PLCM-E3 for a few years now. I have been running Mach3 and it seems to work OK.

Now I have changed PC and lost the plugin for this device. Is Purlogic still able to provide this plugin? I am building a new mnachine and need to use Mach3 just to get it set up. I am also looking at the Pumotix software and might test this if I can get the machine running.

If I can't get the plugin, I will be looking at an alternative controller and I propbably won't go any further with Pumotix.

Clive S
02-01-2022, 01:49 PM
I have had a PLCM-E3 for a few years now. I have been running Mach3 and it seems to work OK.

Now I have changed PC and lost the plugin for this device. Is Purlogic still able to provide this plugin? I am building a new mnachine and need to use Mach3 just to get it set up. I am also looking at the Pumotix software and might test this if I can get the machine running.

If I can't get the plugin, I will be looking at an alternative controller and I propbably won't go any further with Pumotix.

Is this what you require : take the txt off the end of the file.

Link now removed

I will remove the link when you have it.

dazp1976
02-01-2022, 02:46 PM
They want to force you down the hole of buying into Pumotix.
That's prob why the plugin has vanished from download.

What do you expect from the Russians!.

Ali Kat
02-01-2022, 06:01 PM
Many thanks sir. It appears that this is what I need.

It meansd a long Sunday evening infront of the cathode tube but, hopefully, it will be worth it.

BTW - I haven't really go a cathod tube monitor (I don't think:fatigue:)

Clive S
02-01-2022, 06:18 PM
Many thanks sir. It appears that this is what I need.

It meansd a long Sunday evening infront of the cathode tube but, hopefully, it will be worth it.

BTW - I haven't really go a cathod tube monitor (I don't think:fatigue:)

Glad to be of assistance. Link now removed

ZASto
02-01-2022, 09:29 PM
They want to force you down the hole of buying into Pumotix.
That's prob why the plugin has vanished from download.

What do you expect from the Russians!.

Pumotix software is free of charge, so ...

I have a computer that is planned to be connected to a future machine. It is an Intel D201 Mini-ITX board running Windows XP with Mach3 and Pumotix installed, plus some other software.
Not connected to internet, just to local LAN for file transfer.

Purelogic R&D
12-01-2022, 09:35 AM
First of all we'd like to say that our PLCM motion controllers are still compatible with Mach3. Please see the right plugin for that https://purelogic.ru/soft/elektronika/cnc_controller_plcm_mach3_soft.zip
So you can use it without a problem. If there are any problems, feel free to contact us either here or on our website.
And of course we are interested in promoting our software. If you have one of our Ethernet motion controllers, you can get the software basic options free.
All others are also available as a trial.
But we've never made anyone use Pumotix and escape Mach3.