PDA

View Full Version : Setting up ball nose mills in Fusion 360

Desertboy
24-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Hi, probably a dumb question but I have a set of Ballnose mills for 3d carving.

One has R0.75 printed on it and another one has R2 what does this mean? I assume radius and how do I program this into my tool on Fusion 360?

Thanks

Desertboy
24-02-2020, 05:04 PM
How do I set this up?

johngoodrich
24-02-2020, 09:50 PM
yes the R is for radius so the r2 will be diameter of 4mm etc. To set it up in fusion, got to the ,manufacture tab, and the click on manage at the top right of the screen. In the drop down menu select tool library. I personally keep all my tools under the "local" folder so click on local and then mills. in top right click on new mill tool, leftmost of the five icons there and under the cutter tab you can select the type of tool, ballnose being one of them, and input the diameter and length parameters of your tool

Desertboy
24-02-2020, 11:08 PM
yes the R is for radius so the r2 will be diameter of 4mm etc. To set it up in fusion, got to the ,manufacture tab, and the click on manage at the top right of the screen. In the drop down menu select tool library. I personally keep all my tools under the "local" folder so click on local and then mills. in top right click on new mill tool, leftmost of the five icons there and under the cutter tab you can select the type of tool, ballnose being one of them, and input the diameter and length parameters of your tool

Of course, lol so set it up as a 1.5mm damn I was having a blonde moment there.

I am a natural blonde so I can be excused ;)

Desertboy
25-02-2020, 02:26 PM

That worked perfectly thanks machine is finally doing exactly what I want it to.

johngoodrich
25-02-2020, 09:44 PM
No probs