PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone who can upgrade my 3 axis controller in Berkshire

joss01
15-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Hi

I need to upgrade my controller on my 3 axis cnc I am looking at installing a Masso controller but I am not confident enough to do the work if there is anybody out there who can carry out the work not a company an individual please contact me. 07722530393

Joss

JAZZCNC
15-03-2020, 10:38 PM
I can do it for you but I cannot come to you. In the past, I've converted machines for people who have sent the machine to me on a pallet then arranged collection when finished.

So if you can not find anyone this could be an option. Or get in your Vehicle and bring up to Goole in East Yorkshire.

joss01
15-03-2020, 10:57 PM
Hi thanks for getting back bit of a problem its 2.5m long x 1m wide and weighs in at a 1/4 of a ton. Do you know anyone who would be willing to come out and do the work I am in no hurry but I have waited 2 years to do this upgrade.

Regards

Joss

JAZZCNC
15-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Hi thanks for getting back bit of a problem its 2.5m long x 1m wide and weighs in at a 1/4 of a ton. Do you know anyone who would be willing to come out and do the work I am in no hurry but I have waited 2 years to do this upgrade.

Regards

Joss

No sorry, don't know anyone down your way. It's not something I'd take on at such long-distance either because it's so easy to run into problems which can easily stop the job meaning another visit.

joss01
15-03-2020, 11:40 PM
thanks for getting back

JAZZCNC
15-03-2020, 11:54 PM
thanks for getting back

If you don't find anyone and fancy having a go at doing it your self I'll gladly guide you thru doing it.
I've never fitted a Masso before but looking at it then it should be straight forward enough and even easier if you have a working machine already because won't need to trace wires etc.
I've helped many builders who have started from scratch and who had little to no electrical knowledge successfully wire up machines so if your machine works already this should be a doddle.

joss01
16-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Thanks that's encouraging will get in contact when I have purchased all the parts. Just one thing can you recommend an upgrade setup not using Mach 3 software?

JAZZCNC
16-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Thanks that's encouraging will get in contact when I have purchased all the parts. Just one thing can you recommend an upgrade setup not using Mach 3 software?

If your talking about controller that is stand alone like the Masso then no can't recommend any. If your willing to use a PC then you have several choices but a common one which is good is from CNCDrive either the UC300 or the AXBB-E depending on your needs.

http://cncdrive.com/AXBB.html

joss01
16-03-2020, 12:53 PM
If your talking about controller that is stand alone like the Masso then no can't recommend any. If your willing to use a PC then you have several choices but a common one which is good is from CNCDrive either the UC300 or the AXBB-E depending on your needs.

http://cncdrive.com/AXBB.html

joss01
16-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Hi I am looking for a PC based unit because that uses a USB connection its no use changing the format. Out of the 2 for perfomance, reliability and ease of installation what would you recommend? the cnc is a 3 phase unit will that not effect the controller.

joss01
16-03-2020, 01:10 PM
I viewed the AXBB and wiring layout looks familiar to my existing controller the use of my CNC is mainly engraving stone it has a waterfeed coolant pump thats controlled from the software. I have never used Mach 3 software so I will have to adapt to using it. I would like to add a pendant controller to the CNC and at the present I have a tool change sensor because the CNC is in damp conditions the sensor occasionally sticks and gives incorrect tool cut depths can is there a unit available that is water proof?

JAZZCNC
16-03-2020, 10:55 PM
Hi I am looking for a PC based unit because that uses a USB connection its no use changing the format. Out of the 2 for perfomance, reliability and ease of installation what would you recommend? the cnc is a 3 phase unit will that not effect the controller.

Ok well first let me say USB isn't very reliable for CNC your better using an Ethernet-based controller. Both those I suggested are Ethernet-based.
The AXBB is the easier of the two regards installation because it doesn't require a Breakout board but the UC300 attached to a decent breakout board like the UB1 is the more powerful package and offers more I/O.

Both of the CncDrive boards can use either Mach3 or there own software called UCCNC. Mach3 is very capable and easy enough to use but it's getting long in the tooth and isn't supported anymore which puts some people off. For me personally it's not a problem and it works very well for routers etc I build and sell.
However, if I was using either of these boards I'd use UCCNC because it's fully supported and in some cases better than Mach3.

If I was using Mach3 then I'd us a controller from Cslabs as they are much higher quality and very very reliable.

Regards 3 phase then usually this is just for the Spindle and coolant pumps. The control side will pull from just one of the phases and somewhere in the control box will be transformer or two dropping voltages for drives and Controller, etc.

Obviously, without knowing more about what you have I can't say much more than that.