PDA

View Full Version : Ross CNC machine

dudz
10-04-2020, 06:11 AM
Got my own small cnc/router that does aluminium quite well , but it’s stuck in France while I’m in New Zealand until the house is sold.

Just wondering if this machine I’ve found is capable of decent doc on aluminium . Asked the seller but no answer yet. Im guessing the machine is just designed for routing wood

https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/manufacturing-metalwork/other/listing-2591400243.htm

5 grand in sterling. Bit too exp for me but thought it wasn’t a bad price for a factory built machine

Boyan Silyavski
10-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Could be crap, could be good. I would advise against it. I i was buying it would ask if structure is welded, what motors, drives, control, picture of the frame underneath the table, and so on.

Anyway, i wouldn't buy such a thing. God forbid me!

For that money you can buy a proper mill. Which is on another level, if you do metals or have a product, etc. Even small mill will be 100 times better

dudz
10-04-2020, 12:07 PM
I understand that completely. My home built cnc router is pretty capable and cost me under a grand. Kind of liked the idea though but glad someone has talked some sense into me. I cant afford that sort of wedge anyhow