PDA

View Full Version : moving from Mach3 to AXBB

ngwagwa
11-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Next week I am hoping to move from Mach3 to UCCNC, has anyone made this move? If so any advice and tips would be welcome.

Doddy
11-04-2020, 06:16 PM
You mean from Mach3 to UCCNC? To be honest, I'd just go at it. All port mappings will be peculiar to your build, your new power environment will change your motor characteristics, and you'll be selecting different stepper driver settings. Basically not a lot to read across.

My own experience going from Mach3 to UCCNC is UCCNC is very straight-forward - though remember to apply/save settings (it's the one area of the UI that does trip me up over and again). You might want to review your CAM post-processor - I think the G28 you get in Mach3 posts tends to behave differently on UCCNC (though maybe that's just my set-up).

I wouldn't sweat it. Get a couple of mugs of tea on the boil and a pack of hobnobs. It'll come good.

ngwagwa
11-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Cheers Doddy.

Regarding the post processor I have had to write my own (you can probably guess why) and I haven't used and G28s (yet). In demo mode UCCNC looks like it runs my gcode OK but my first cuts will be in kingspan just to be on the safe side.

Voicecoil
11-04-2020, 09:39 PM
- though remember to apply/save settings (it's the one area of the UI that does trip me up over and again).

And DO backup your profile (default.pro) otherwise sooner or later you'll find yourself unable to start it up without entering all your settings again......

I wouldn't sweat it. Get a couple of mugs of tea on the boil and a pack of hobnobs. It'll come good.

A few bottles of Special Brew helped me :beer: - though I didn't try cutting anything then obviously!

ngwagwa
12-04-2020, 08:49 AM
And DO backup your profile (default.pro) otherwise sooner or later you'll find yourself unable to start it up without entering all your settings again......

Do you know good is the "Import Mach3 XML" is?

Voicecoil
12-04-2020, 10:01 AM
Do you know good is the "Import Mach3 XML" is?
Sorry, no experience of that since I built my machine intending to use UCCNC from the start - anyone else tried that?