PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi from Cumbria

Chip Owner
11-04-2020, 07:43 PM
After spending months undecided on which direction to go, finally invested in a Router CNC, we've decided to call 'Chip'.

Chip isn't here yet, won't be until lockdown ends, until then I'm in learning mode. I've done some work at one of these 'fablabs', but that was many years ago, in the interim anything we couldn't make here we bought in CNC punched, water or lasercut.

Background to this is we now make and sell numerous small products in thin sheet aluminium, which to date have been all 100% hand made, every hole hand punched, thousands of them... It's time!

Space was hugest issue, so at the moment only jumped on a 1m x 1m machine, but as most of our products are small, shouldn't be an issue.

I've seen the forum pop-up a few times whilst I've been researching, so figured it was time to jump in.

JAZZCNC
11-04-2020, 08:12 PM
Hi, Chip's guardian or soon to be slave.!!

I'm almost dreading asking this question if you've only just found this forum.! . . But here goes What machine have you bought.?

Chip Owner
11-04-2020, 08:19 PM
I've opted for an unbranded machine.

Made in UK, steel frame build, nothing fancy.

2.2kw water cooled spindle.

Chip Owner
11-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Hi Jazzcnc

Not sure where response I posted went?

Unbranded, UK made machine, nothing fancy, all steel frame with a 2.2kw water cooled spindle.

Voicecoil
11-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Nice to hear someone else from the most beautiful county in England - even if the lads from Yorkshire will disagree!

Chip Owner
11-04-2020, 10:06 PM
Absolutely :playful:

Kitwn
12-04-2020, 04:31 AM
I spent three years in Cumbria back in the 80's. Does it still always start to rain around Pooley Bridge even if the sun was out when you left Penrith?

Chip Owner
12-04-2020, 08:43 AM
Only if you're just a visitor. :friendly_wink: