PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Greetings from The Great State of Texas

jlrice54
12-04-2020, 12:25 AM
I'm James, a retired industrial master electrician and electrical/control/instrumentation contractor who landed in a new career 25 years ago as an IT consultant for healthcare facilities. My hobbies are home machine shop, welding and fabrication, automotive and motorcycle restoration and gunsmithing. My interest in CNC is fairly new. I got involved in 3D printing which lead me to a small Chinese sourced CNC engraver and finally to building a full sized CNC plasma cutting table. Which is very useful in auto restoration and customizing and ties right into my interest in welding and fabrication. I'm 66 and I obviously haven't decided what career I want to follow when I grow up as I recently completed four years study at the local community college graduating with AWS certifications in stick, mig and tig welding, two certifications as an auto body repair technician plus two more Associated degrees, one in each field. Niw if I can just find enough free shop time to apply what I have learned. The recent home quarantine orders for Covid-19 has helped a little toward that, however my occupation was classified as essential so I'm still subject to call in on an as needed basis. No rest for the wicked I suppose.

routercnc
13-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Hi James and welcome to the forum.

I think you are in the same part of the World as Edge Precision (YouTube)?

Would be great to see some pictures or video of your CNC plasma (and your control box with your background!)