PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: looking for help to purchase a cnc router

warriors01
17-04-2020, 02:37 PM
hi there all

I am Gary from London just would like to introduce myself.

I would like to get into the home hobby of cnc routering and possibly start making some interesting stuff and maybe after once I have learned enough making a little side line business with it so joined this forum to get some advise on purchasing a 1000 x 1000 router with
a water cooled spindle.

been looking around over the last couple of months and to be honest having a bit of trouble finding one that I can get through my house and into my man shed access is very limited due to no back garden access so have to bring everything through the house.

Also trying to find a machine that is of good build and spec I am looking for one either pre built or one partially built or last resort one I have to put together.

I have looked at the shapeopo and workbee versions any comment's on either of them good or bad would help me very much.

but I also need to to source a water cooled spindle kit to fit either of the two mentioned above any help with this would also be very helpful,

my budget would be around 2-3k all in

so I am hoping for fellow forum peeps to help me out a lot

just wanted to say thanks in advance.

regards.
Gary

Kitwn
17-04-2020, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Gary,
If you design your own machine and build it piece by piece you'll have no problem getting it to the man shed. Just make sure you design it in a way that will let it come apart so you can get it out again when you decide to emigrate to Australia :cool:

Kit

Andrewg
18-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Hi Gary,
Welcome, you are asking your question on what is effectively the home of self builders so by asking those questions here you are more or less guaranteed a particular answer (well backed up with support and advice).

As a recent arrival, I did mention what I believe the best current machines available in the UK HERE (http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13547-Lowcost-capable-CNC-Make-vs-Buy). Wisdom here suggests you can build your own for £2-3k for a machine superior to something twice the price BUT there is a lot to learn along he way and it will not be quick. Choose your path and good luck
Andrew

warriors01
19-04-2020, 01:10 PM
thanks for your comments and advise but I am a novice and feel building one myself would be a hard task as don't know enough but I have found jazzcnc and looks like we are going to sort something out together so fingers crossed I may be up and running with a good machine in a few months

regards
Gary