PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Greetings from Yorkshire!

kjames23
20-04-2020, 11:34 AM
Hi all,

Amateur here from near Huddersfield in Yorkshire. I have a mill from Axminster that I converted to CNC probably about 10 years ago. It was working ok but I've moved a couple of times since then and it probably hasn't run for about 6 years. It used to run on a PC with LinuxCNC and a 4 axis TB6560 board via the parallel port. With the lockdown in place I've been spending some time trying to get it running again, but
a) The PC motherboard is dead
b) The hard drive it dead
c) The driver board blew up

So.... I bought a TB6600 board a couple of years ago and I'm finally trying to get it running with a Raspberry Pi. I can't get the board to do anything so I am joining here to see if anyone can help. I'm off to post in the controllers forum now..

Cheers,
Kev.

BDH
20-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Hello Kev and welcome. I'm a bit further South of you in North Derbyshire.
I'm afraid that I cannot help with your queries as I'm just coming to grips with CNC but I'm sure someone with help will be along soon.
Brian

Doddy
20-04-2020, 12:32 PM
EDIT: Welcome, I'll move my comment to your other post.

kjames23
20-04-2020, 12:40 PM
I'm using m74hc08b1 AND gates to take the 3.3v as one input, 5v as the other input, and output 5v. I do have LinuxCNC running on the Pi, I can't find the exact instructions I used right now but check out here:
https://gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/uspace/rpi4-rt.html

Kitwn
20-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Hi Kev,
I've commented on your other thread.

Kit