PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Pacer 1250 help needed please !

MegaformSteve
20-04-2020, 12:45 PM
Hi All,

Newbie here !

We have a Pacer 1250 that we inherited when we purchased some other equipment at auction. It is sitting gathering dust as we have a 5 axis Geiss which is performing ok. We now have a requirement for some 3 axis machining and would like to get this up and running.

It has no heads by the look of it and the interface came with a Win 98 PC !!!

Any clues or helpful hints? We had thought of selling it or stripping it down for parts, but would prefer to get it up and running.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions !

JAZZCNC
20-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Hi Steve,

Without knowing more about what's inside the control box and control software that runs it etc then it's very hard to offer any advise. I would need some pictures of the inside the electrical cabinet and any motors if you can see them.

Do that and will soon tell you whats needed, if anything.

Voicecoil
20-04-2020, 09:33 PM
Another option is this guy: http://www.sellears.co.uk/ - ex Pacer employee, now does freelance service. If it's basically OK it might be a quick way to get it going; if it's rather ill then going the Jazz route might be cheaper?. I nearly bought a 1290 about 1 year and a bit ago, that had all custom (i.e. made by Pacer) electronics, a Nema34 stepper driving the long axis via a ballscrew (look underneath to see it), that also had a Win 98 PC, seemed to be custom Pacer machine control software.