PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello from Co Meath in Ireland :)

Mister Mills
28-04-2020, 09:23 PM
Howdy !! .... After many years of pottering about with CNC and various machines I have kind of reached a point of trying to figure out what to do with my Home built CNC router. I guess the main joy was building my machine from it's first inception as a wee small desktop router to the over sized animal of a thing in the garage!!. It's 99% Complete and running but needs a few tweaks and small additions.

Im far from an expert but willing to offer what limited advise that I can to current and future builders. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will try my best to offer some limited advise. I have learned to do many a thing the wrong way !!!! lol

Are there many CNC builders based here in Ireland?2800628007280082800928010

Evengravy
02-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Hey. Looks like it isn't going to fall apart any time soon. Fair play

Mister Mills
02-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Emmmmmm No. Mainly 80 x 80 Aluminum Profile Doubled up in some areas and 16mm Aluminum Gantry Plates. Solid as a house as it has no problem with me walking about on top of it. I have a few bits to finish off and the odd tweak to make. The biggest problem I have is space. She takes up so much room in the garage that she is almost unusable as it is now near impossible to get 2.4m x 1.2m sheets in. Shes a big girl !!! 2.8x1.5 footprint give or take. Hence she has been idle for 2 years!