PDA

View Full Version : Which wire goes where

terry1956
29-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Hi chaps, don’t you just get sick to death of Chinese crap with no manuals. Ok, I have three wires coming out of the huanyang inverter.these are U,V,W. CAn anyone please let me know which terminals on the spindle electric block, these go into. 28013 please see picture. Thanks, Michael

terry1956
29-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Just an update, I found some information on the web. And wired the U,V,W terminals to the spindle block pins.1,2,3. Start the power and the spindle sounds like it is spinning up, but it’s not turning at all. Any ideas out there

ericks
29-04-2020, 12:11 PM
Do not power up the motor unless you sure that you connected it properly and set drive parameters correctly :)

DaveL
29-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Do you have a multimeter that can measure resistance?
You should be able to check between pairs of contacts, hopefully you will find 3 pairs with a similar resistance, the 3 coils of the motor. One of the other contacts could of an earth, which could be connected to the body of the motor.

AndyUK
29-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Do you have a multimeter that can measure resistance?
You should be able to check between pairs of contacts, hopefully you will find 3 pairs with a similar resistance, the 3 coils of the motor. One of the other contacts could of an earth, which could be connected to the body of the motor.

In which case you really don't want to wire one of the phases to the spindle body... that would be a great way to get a very nasty shock.

OP - Take care.