PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Greetings from SE London

toltec
29-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Hi All

I found this site the other day when searching for details on the Boxford 125 TCL, there is one for sale locally to me...

Though the 240 might be a better buy, damn that spec creep

I'm in to building various things, however my main interest in acquiring a lathe comes from building and modifying kit cars, I have one on the drive and a part built one in the garage. At some point one the lockdown is finished we will be moving into a new house we are having built, it will have a reasonable sized built in garege, not to mention I'll get a 3ph supply connected, so I'll have room for some more toys, I mean workshop machinery. I was discussing lathes with a good friend of mine and he suggested looking at CNC rather than traditional as you can get quite a lot more for similar money as most people are scared off by the electronics. As I have a background in electronic engineering and computers that isn't an issue for me, more of an issue is not really having used a lathe since I was at school forty years ago. On the upside I'm old enough to have enough money, within reason, to indulge my tool fetish.

This looked like the place to gain some more information and when the time is right even find a machine.

Cheers
Chris