PDA

View Full Version : Fuling DZB200 Inverter

dougie8
30-05-2020, 08:01 AM
Hello,

I am looking for some help with a Fuling Inverter and Spindle that I have for my CNC Router, I have had the machine for a couple of years now (Chinese machine), when I first bought the machine it was fitted with a Makita palm router, the guy I bought the machine from removed the original Inverter and spindle to replace with the Makita. I was provided with the inverter & spindle when I bought the machine both of which still look brand new. The guy informed me that he couldn't get the spindle to function properly (personally I got the feeling he didn't really know what he was doing with programming the speeds etc this was originally all hooked up to ncstudio) therefore the spindle and inverter was removed.

I am now using the machine more and more and would like to expand the cutter range that I can utilise as the Makita only has a 1/4" collet which limits the type of tools I can buy.

To get me started I am quite happy to just control the spindle from the controls on the Inverter, I therefore connected the Inverter up to the mains and powered it up thinking I would just be able to press run and away we go, however nothing is ever this easy!! needless to say the spindle didn't run, hence this post.

I have gone through the settings in the Inverter and tweaked some that I could understand from the manual, I have also checked the spindle is free to rotate as well as all connections and wires for any damage which there doesn't appear to be any that I can see. I also noted down all the setting values prior to making any changes.

Attached is a photo of the spindle and display in question along with the manual and all the current setting values including the defaults.

Could someone assist in helping me to get this up and running please?

The inverter appears to power up ok

Kind regards

Clive S
30-05-2020, 08:25 AM
What have you changed. How do you have it wired. The spindle you have seems to be a 2 pole motor

In the manual I don't see a parameter to change the number of poles
From the manual:-

13. About Applicable Motor
1) The standard motor used is the 4-pole squirrel cage asynchronous induction motor. If other kind of
motor is used, please be sure to select the applicable inverter according to the rated current of the motor,
and please consult us if the user wants the inverter to drive the permanent magnetic synchronized motor.

dougie8
30-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Hi thanks for replying.

I have the 240v supply connected as follows:
Live - T connection
Neutral - R connection
Earth

The spindle is connected to U, V & W and also earth

Kitwn
30-05-2020, 09:11 AM
A quick Google of GDZ-23 suggests it's a 3 phase motor which will therefore need a different inverter.

dougie8
30-05-2020, 09:17 AM
hmm strange, this was the original inverter/VFD and spindle that was delivered with the machine?

Clive S
30-05-2020, 09:28 AM
hmm strange, this was the original inverter/VFD and spindle that was delivered with the machine?

That dose not mean that they are correct but a lot of VFD's you can change the number of poles.

I would have thought that it should run but not correctly using 4 poles and therefore not be suitable with that spindle. Those spindles require 400 hz and standard motors run on 50 hz.

JAZZCNC
30-05-2020, 09:46 AM
A quick Google of GDZ-23 suggests it's a 3 phase motor which will therefore need a different inverter.

Yes all these spindles are 3 phase and that's why they a run with a VFD which changes single phase to 3 phase. The VFD is correct.

Dougie, these Fulling VFD's are a pain to setup, I had the same problem with the current machine I'm building and I've fit 100's.
To be honest I can't remember the settings but I do have the written down at work and will check them out for you on monday.

I will scan the manual today to see if it jogs my memory.

dougie8
30-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Thanks, I've attached a photograph of the nameplate from the inverter the manual was downloaded from another forum 28248

dougie8
30-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Thanks Jazzcnc, I was getting a bit confused by the previous guys replies as the inverter was still fitted and wired into the BOB in the machine when I took delivery, the pervious owners had only disconnected the spindle.

very much appreciated

JAZZCNC
30-05-2020, 10:14 AM
Ok I've just looked at the manual and I remember the parameter that sorted my issues was F1.0 I can't remember what it's set too but this was the game changer parameter so try changing it to 0 or 1 and see what happens. I think you need to restart the VFD for changes to take affect.

dougie8
30-05-2020, 10:25 AM
Hi this was set at 2, I've tried both 0 & 1 still no joy :grumpy:

Clive S
30-05-2020, 10:36 AM
deleted

Doddy
30-05-2020, 10:56 AM
Rather than playing with settings - following the logic that this was configured by OEM, it might be worthwhile investigating the behaviour of the VFD/motor with all settings as default. You can change the display on the VFD - currently showing the internal DC voltage, which is largely irrelevant, press the FUNC/DATA button until you display "n....." - that's the frequency of the output signal. Confirm that the rotary pot allows you to operate this away from zero. If it stays at zero, that's a big clue. If you can adjust it between 0 and (likely) 24000 and the motor doesn't turn, that's another (more sinister) clue.

Test and let us know.

dougie8
30-05-2020, 11:44 AM
Hi Doddy,

Thanks, I pressed the run button on the VFD then went to the "n" using func/data button the "run" led lights up but when I turn the pot it just stays at 0 and spindle doesn't run

Doddy
30-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Okay, so F0.03 is defaulted to '0'?, so that's keyboard input. What happens if you Press RUN then press the UP (/DOWN) buttons - that *should* change the speed setting and the motor RPM. Report back.

You *could* (later) change F0.03 to 1, I would expect (guess) that would then allow the rotary pot to control the spindle speed.

EDIT:

Until you can get the VFD to indicate a speed other than 0, then trying to diagnose the spindle behaviour is a bit of guesswork

dougie8
30-05-2020, 01:20 PM
Ok I've tried your suggestion, I'm now getting an E004 error message I have put all the settings back to their original settings and still has an E004 error

Doddy
30-05-2020, 01:24 PM
So. With all settings as delivered, you've pressed RUN, then pressed UP, and at that point you get the E004? (it's important to understand the sequence here... the E004 is presented when the motor is first commanded to accelerate to speed?)

You've examined the manual - page 75?

Kitwn
30-05-2020, 02:07 PM
and please consult us if the user wants the inverter to drive the permanent magnetic synchronized motor. Ah, sorry, I interpreted this as meaning you needed a different inverter. God luck with getting it working. Plenty of us use these 2.2KW water cooled spindles and are very happy with the results.

dougie8
30-05-2020, 02:20 PM
As soon as I press run the VFD trips and E004 flashes up, I had a look at page 75 however it doesn't really mean much to me not being an electrician, the wiring all looks fine including the connections, I've tested the spindle with an ohm meter on its own and also with the cables attached for a short to ground as well as an open or short on the U,V & W all of which appears to be ok, I've increased the acceleration time to 15 and 20s still the same error

MarshaJusa
18-06-2020, 08:51 PM
From what I'm seeing the VFD model you have is designed for three phase to three phase... The R, S, T terminals are for three phase, if it were designed for single phase input it would have L and N.

Marsha

Clive S
18-06-2020, 10:26 PM
From what I'm seeing the VFD model you have is designed for three phase to three phase... The R, S, T terminals are for three phase, if it were designed for single phase input it would have L and N.

Marsha

That is not correct. There are plenty of these inverters that has a three phase input and you can use any of the three phases to connect the single phase to.
IE. R,S or R,T

JAZZCNC
19-06-2020, 12:36 AM

Marsha

No It's not. All the Fulling VFD's and many of the other Chinese VFD's come with R S T inputs and you just connect to any 2 of them for Single phase. They also accept 3 phase input.
I have just fitted the same VFD to single phase supply.