PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New to CNC, Bristol based.

Mortattoo
09-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Hi All,

I am very new to cnc and it has been a long time since I learnt to do any real machining (or played with anything not "hobby").

I have just started playing with an Interact 1 series 2 with 155 controller, all wanting to be run from a 230v supply in the garage! I am electrically trained but this older tech has me scratching my head rather a lot, tbh!

Anyway, this is where the journey begins (again) i guess,

Cheers,

Mort

Kitwn
10-07-2020, 03:02 AM
No idea what an 'Interact 1 series 2 with 155 controller' is but I'm sure you'll find someone on here who does. Welcome aboard.

Kit

Mortattoo
10-07-2020, 10:28 AM
No idea what an 'Interact 1 series 2 with 155 controller' is but I'm sure you'll find someone on here who does. Welcome aboard.

Kit

Hello Kit,

That will be my first typo I guess then, It's a Bridgeport Interact 1 mk2, with a Heidenhain 155a control system.

Thanks for the welcome, It's nice to be here!

Cheers,

Mort

Kitwn
10-07-2020, 12:45 PM
Bridgeport is a bit more familiar. Actually that sounds like a description of Bristol! That's where my mother's family are from.

Kit

tjm229
19-07-2020, 02:51 PM
Hi, I have no idea what the machine is that you are operating but there are many about.

Feel free to have a look at our <a href=“ https://www.mmturnedparts.co.uk/plant-list”> CNC capacity</a> or you can find loads on info on YouTube etc.