PDA

View Full Version : Any Northern Tasmanians reading this?

Kitwn
15-07-2020, 01:46 AM
Sometime next year I'm retiring from the this tropical heat to Tasmania, somewhere near the Devonport, Latrobe, Port Sorell area. Do we have any members in that neck of the woods I could share a packet of Hobnobs with?

Kit

Doddy
15-07-2020, 07:06 AM
I think we all need to give Lee a good kickin' :-) to code up some wonderful Google-Maps integration with the forum.

AndyUK
15-07-2020, 10:25 AM
It wouldn't be terribly difficult to crawl the members pages by incrementing the user ID in the URL and extracting a list of users, countries, and cities... although something tells me that's verging on stalking :)

Kitwn
15-07-2020, 02:56 PM
I think we all need to give Lee a good kickin' :-) to code up some wonderful Google-Maps integration with the forum.

If I didn't know you were kidding I'd chastise you greatly for impuning our wonderful lord and master.

Kitwn
15-07-2020, 02:58 PM
It wouldn't be terribly difficult to crawl the members pages by incrementing the user ID in the URL and extracting a list of users, countries, and cities... although something tells me that's verging on stalking :)

You're probably right but it's a lot more fun to just ask the question and see who pops out of the woodwork.

Kitwn
17-07-2020, 01:39 AM
Not too many N Tasmanians reading this at the moment. They're all too busy buying up all the houses we like the look of!

Doddy
17-07-2020, 07:21 AM
If I didn't know you were kidding I'd chastise you greatly for impuning our wonderful lord and master.

Kidding?, oh, yeah,.. kidding. :)

In all seriousness sometimes when someone first-posts here and clearly don't have any real footing the first thing I do is check where they live - I'd rather drive 50 miles for a chin-wag than cunningly craft a reply such that it can be misinterpreted a hundred different ways. A map could be useful.