PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello looking for Dean or another cnc builder!

annamarie123
20-08-2020, 09:54 PM
Hello folks, I am a newby looking for a cnc builder. I found this site when looking for machines. As I am completely new to this would appreciate any advice. I only want a smallish machine 900 x 600 or 600 x 400 cutting area size would do at a push. On the page I found I read someone called Dean does custom builds - or if anyone else does custom builds could you get in touch? I wish to cut 20mm mdf, perspex and maybe sheet aluminium. I have a uv printer and would like to cut my own shapes - only simple shapes but many of the laser cutters I have seen don't cut that deeply. My budget is not fantastic - what price am I looking at realistically?

thank you so much for your help
Anna

Clive S
20-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Hello folks, I am a newby looking for a cnc builder. I found this site when looking for machines. As I am completely new to this would appreciate any advice. I only want a smallish machine 900 x 600 or 600 x 400 cutting area size would do at a push. On the page I found I read someone called Dean does custom builds - or if anyone else does custom builds could you get in touch? I wish to cut 20mm mdf, perspex and maybe sheet aluminium. I have a uv printer and would like to cut my own shapes - only simple shapes but many of the laser cutters I have seen don't cut that deeply. My budget is not fantastic - what price am I looking at realistically?

thank you so much for your help
Anna

Hi. Dean is Jazzcnc on this forum. He dose a lot of custom builds. So will probably see this and comment.

You don't need to triple post on the forum. Give him time to respond.

annamarie123
20-08-2020, 11:06 PM
hi many apologies Clive, just a bit excited to find a useful forum! I will try and hold back in future lol.

JAZZCNC
21-08-2020, 11:53 AM
And as if by Magic.!! ... or as some would say "Like a bad penny" I turn up..:cower:

How can I help.?

annamarie123
21-08-2020, 01:10 PM
And as if by Magic.!! ... or as some would say "Like a bad penny" I turn up..:cower:

How can I help.?

Hello Dean, many thanks for your reply. I have been looking on the internet at cnc routers around the £2-3k mark, they all looked amazing to me until I came here and read some of the comments about them! I lack the skill to build a machine of my own and I wondered if we could discuss a custom build (I am aware they cost more lol). I am only in derbyshire so not too far from you (I think you are in Yorkshire?). I am not sure how I pm you on here so if you could pm me with a phone number perhaps - whatever is best for you.
kind regards Anna

Doddy
21-08-2020, 01:27 PM
I think once you hit 10 posts, Anna, you can then pm. You're well on the way to ten :)

JAZZCNC
21-08-2020, 02:20 PM
I think once you hit 10 posts, Anna, you can then pm. You're well on the way to ten :)

Sorted Doddy we have made contact.:thumsup: