PDA

View Full Version : Router now has mind of its own

Edendale
24-09-2020, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know what would cause this to happen, router was running well with no problems then all of a sudden it’s started doing silly things, I thought it might be EMI so I’ve earthed everything to see if that solved the problem but no it’s still the same or slightly worse, the router is a Chinese CNCEST 9060 2.2 kw, any help would be appreciated.289092891028910

routercnc
24-09-2020, 06:29 PM
Not sure but it might be if the image started as a bitmap and was converted to vector lines and it has created tiny little lines in the image which are being bored out ? Hence the woodworm look ?

Edendale
24-09-2020, 06:57 PM
The file was an stl file that I have done before with no problems, I did have a denial of service virus on my computer and my antivirus dealt with it, not sure if that could have seen a problem.

routercnc
24-09-2020, 07:06 PM
Wonder if the pc is trying to run lots of background processes and is failing to stay in synch or keep the buffer up to speed (related to the recent DoS). Worth running it again with the processor busyness chart displayed to see if it is maxing out(the one with the green line on a graph). Maybe someone can advise if that display is accurate wrt Mach 3. I’m wading out of my depth so have headed back to shore!

JAZZCNC
24-09-2020, 08:27 PM
Something as come loose I'd say, check all the motor couplings etc.

Edendale
24-09-2020, 09:28 PM
Thanks Dean, I’ll check all connections tomorrow, hope your keeping well,
Regards Mike

Edendale
25-09-2020, 06:57 PM
Dean your an absolute legend, checked all connections on router and found the X axis was loose, that’s another packet of hobnobs I owe you, �� Regards Mike

JAZZCNC
25-09-2020, 07:17 PM
Dean your an absolute legend, checked all connections on router and found the X axis was loose, that’s another packet of hobnobs I owe you, �� Regards Mike

Your welcome but to be honest I was expecting the Z-axis to be the culprit from the look of the mess it made.!

Edendale
25-09-2020, 07:24 PM
Your welcome but to be honest I was expecting the Z-axis to be the culprit from the look of the mess it made.!

It might have been the z Dean as I disconnected every connector and checked the wiring and tightened all connections, just finished a6 hour carving with no problem,