PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why my machine is not cutting what I tell it to in CUT2D

Martyn
17-10-2020, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone,

I've just finished building my Ooznest CNC and I'm trying to level my spoiler board in relation to the X gantry. I've set up job profile to the full size of my spoiler board and a pocket cut set to the dimensions of the safe work area of my machine. In this case that's 1300mm x 1270mm. However despite checking and checking the vectric software for any errors on my part it's not cutting out what I tell it to. It's making a pocket at the correct depth but its only cutting it to 1034 x 1007. A good bit short of where it should be in both x and y.

Any thoughts?

Martyn

Adrian_S
17-10-2020, 09:54 PM
What has struck me is that the difference between what you think you are getting and what you are actually getting is 266 and 263 - almost identical. Have you checked with the jog controls you can actually move to the full range of the safe area?

depronman
17-10-2020, 11:55 PM
Is the motor /step calibration correct

Ie if you tell it to move 200mm does it actually move a measured 200mm
The longer length you can check it over the more accurate
Other than that does it repeat when goi g to and from a set point. Ie is it loosing steps

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAZZCNC
18-10-2020, 11:03 AM
I'm going to assume you have the steps per setting because without this being correct your wasting your time doing anything else.

Which vectric software is it.? I've recently noticed some of their lower-end products have a limit on cut size. Could it be this.?

Does it repeatably cut the wrong size or is the size random.? if it's random then check your motor couplings etc haven't come lose and your getting slippage. You need to establish that it repeatably gets it wrong before changing settings as it could be mechanical.