PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Bruce H

Bruce H
11-12-2020, 01:47 AM
Hi All
I am a retired vocational ed teacher. Excited and daunted by CNC mostly just daunted. I am having issues setting up my spindle controls in Mach 3 I have a 6040 est machine that came with no instructions. Can sombody tell me the settings in ports and pins spindle setup. I can load g code and xyand z run fine but spindle dose not start unless i input to MDI ?

JAZZCNC
11-12-2020, 10:17 PM
Hi Bruce,

If the spindle starts using MDI then your ports and pins must be setup correctly.

MDI just stands for "manual Data input " and it's no different starting the spindle than if you was starting the spindle via the G-code file or using the F5 screen button. They both use the G3/G4 G-code command, so if the spindle starts using this method then ports n pin setup must be correct because if not then G3/G4 would have no affect. Neither would pressing F5 on the screen because all it effectively does is call a OEM code behind the scenes that is basiclly the same as typing G3 or G4 in MDI.

Have you checked the G-code file does have a G3 or G4 command.?

depronman
16-12-2020, 08:14 AM
Hi Bruce,

If the spindle starts using MDI then your ports and pins must be setup correctly.

MDI just stands for "manual Data input " and it's no different starting the spindle than if you was starting the spindle via the G-code file or using the F5 screen button. They both use the G3/G4 G-code command, so if the spindle starts using this method then ports n pin setup must be correct because if not then G3/G4 would have no affect. Neither would pressing F5 on the screen because all it effectively does is call a OEM code behind the scenes that is basiclly the same as typing G3 or G4 in MDI.

Have you checked the G-code file does have a G3 or G4 command.?

Assume you meant m3 and m4 not G3 / G4
Also need to to accompanied by a S word for the speed of spindle
Eg. M3 S1500
This starts the spindle clockwise (m3) and runs it at 1500rpm (S1500)
M4 does the same but anti-clockwise
M5 turns spindle off and you don’t need a S word with m5
Case (upper or lower) of the letters doesn’t matter
Hope this helps

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk