PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New Member

Roy-J
16-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am a retired precision engineer with a manufacturing career in high tech industries, such as F1 and Motorsport in general, Defence, Aerospace and many others.

My hobbies include building and flying large scale Radio Controlled Helicopters and Aircraft. I have for many years used 3d printing for most of my projects and last year I purchased a small 3018 router I used for manufacturing model aircraft parts from balsa and birch plywood. This machine needed modifications to make it more user friendly such as homing/limit switches.

I recently purchased one of the Chinese 6040 4 Axis CNC machines. I had to strip it down and reassemble this machine in order to get the machine axis square and parallel to each other and the work table.

Now I need to fit limit/homing switches to this machine and I have joined this forum to seek help with this, as the electronic side of these machines I have very little clue and hope to find that help within this forum. In return maybe going forward I can help others with more mechanical and technical problems.

Kind Regards

Roy