PDA

View Full Version : UUCNC - External reset button with flashing LED

Tom J
29-01-2021, 01:05 AM
Hi Folks

Scratching my head with how to program illuminated reset button, so is flashing when not healthy and goes off when reset.

In Mach 3 I use some script file macropump.m1s and external input OEM Trig# for reset push button and Output# for Led light
Flashing frequency is close match to Mach 3 reset light blinking:)

AXXB-U wired. UUCNC licence not working yet - no idea why.
Input to - NO contact reset button
Output to - Red LED light for reset button
Pins are configured and need to set 'Function' in INPUT TRIGGER and corresponding Plugin witch I am struggle to find.

Any idea please?

the great waldo
29-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Hi Tom
Check that your license file number is the same as the number on the axbb controller. I had the wrong one sent to me.(looked like a typo error) They sent me a correct file within the hour.
Cheers
Andrew

Tom J
29-01-2021, 10:29 AM
Hi Tom
Check that your license file number is the same as the number on the axbb controller. I had the wrong one sent to me.(looked like a typo error) They sent me a correct file within the hour.
Cheers
Andrew

Licence number do match.
I used straight cable like in CS Lab, should be crossed pair - WORKS now!

Still wants my red light to flash and stay on when reset.

Doddy
29-01-2021, 01:03 PM
Still wants my red light to flash

No promises, but if I get chance over the weekend I might have a sniff at this. By all means, if anyone has any idea chip in - Tom, have you asked on the UCCNC forums?

Tom J
29-01-2021, 01:10 PM
No promises, but if I get chance over the weekend I might have a sniff at this. By all means, if anyone has any idea chip in - Tom, have you asked on the UCCNC forums?

Will ask there, so far I've tried to find first - thanks

CharlieRam
05-02-2021, 06:56 PM
This is a simple way to do it, create a macro loop and set it to autorun..the example shown pulses jets of air by activating output 3,1 on and off when the function 116 is active (m7 mist coolant) macros can be created and saved in the UCCNC folder>profiles>macro_default or whichever profile you currently use.

Edit.
Don't forget to save both the macro loop save settings as well as the general save settings for UCCNC

Cheers,

Charliehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210205/70f9ef005719d19c2f4dd9b61402d7f6.jpg

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

Tom J
06-02-2021, 12:59 AM
Hi Charlie

I have something different in mind. My reset light must blink before system is healthy, so after press reset light stays on, ans flash when in fault .
I don't want to use 116 (M7 Mist) button while system is running.

Tried your code anyway first - keep crashing UCCNC, Isee works for you

exec.Wait(600); //wait one ***ms

while(!AS3.Getbuttonstate(116)){}
exec.Setoutpin(Port, Pin); //

exec.Wait(200); //wait one ***ms

exec.(Clroutpin(Port, Pin); //

In mach 3 I used macropump.m1s and external input OEM Trig# for RESET push button and Output# for Led light.
Hope this will clarify.

CharlieRam
06-02-2021, 09:40 PM
Hmm...from my experience Any error in the typed code will just result in the macro failing to run so I would probably check if there are any dependency's that need installing to use the scripts such as visual studio etc...

Doddy
06-02-2021, 09:44 PM
...check the error log text-file in the Macro directory.

Tom J
06-02-2021, 09:55 PM
Hmm...from my experience Any error in the typed code will just result in the macro failing to run so I would probably check if there are any dependency's that need installing to use the scripts such as visual studio etc...

This language is grey area for me, don't even know where to start learning - visual basic?
So far I use external reset button and on/off Led from output, as macro I typed above is crashing UCCNC

Will ask somewhere else:(

Thanks anyway

Tom J
06-02-2021, 09:56 PM
...check the error log text-file in the Macro directory.

just checked macro folder and don't see any error log file - where is located please?