PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: CNC £1600 400x300x100

Maurizio
03-02-2021, 12:15 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to acquire a CNC router/mill.

I would like to use it for wood and aluminium and have the minimum work dimensions of 400x300x100 X/Y/Z .

I am after a precise machine, so no wood routers please. But other than that, fairly open.

£1600 max. (tiny leeway) (no software needed, but if that is the case the boards would need to be compatible with LinuxCNC).

I am based in the Scottish Borders.

I think that is everything :victorious:

JAZZCNC
03-02-2021, 07:52 PM
I am after a precise machine, so no wood routers please. But other than that, fairly open.

Why would you think a wood router isn't precise.? Don't confuse precision with rigidity, some of my routers will knock the spots off some mills for precision but not rigidity, and with only £1600 you are not going to buy anything very strong or precise, not that is working anyway.!

Maurizio
03-02-2021, 09:53 PM
Why would you think a wood router isn't precise.? Don't confuse precision with rigidity, some of my routers will knock the spots off some mills for precision but not rigidity, and with only £1600 you are not going to buy anything very strong or precise, not that is working anyway.!

Ah, I was under the impression spindles had less run-out than a wood router. Is that wrong overall or are certain models recommended?

Strong/precise are relative - I should have included my use case. I was trying to avoid a sheet based machine e.g. ooznest as they don't seem suitable for machining the smaller aluminium parts I would like to. I'll update as soon as I've confirmed what tolerances I am after then. Thank you for the heads up!